1 (edited by kvvaradha 03/11/2020 09:51:40 am)

Topic: Default Theme Redesigned And available For testing

Hello @joe and other senior members,

Happy New Year. I tried to update the default FA theme with a bit clear and with different sent of icons.

Few things i collected from different sites. which are

Icons -> http://material.io/tools/icons/
Loading icons -> https://loading.io/spinners/infinity/index.infinity-rotate-cycle-loader.gif

Other than that I tried myself best with default theme update as of joe's previous post regarding modernizing the default theme.

Here is demo

FA Default theme

Username : invoice
Password : 123456

I am waiting for feedback.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

2 (edited by boxygen 01/01/2019 11:01:20 am)

Re: Default Theme Redesigned And available For testing

@kvvaradha, good effort.

However if modernizing can turn this into bootstrap theme with less number of clicks to reach any page then it will be very good.
Obviously if @Joe and @itronics agree.

Currently if we are on any page and we need to navigate to any other module or any other page, we need multiple clicks.

If using bootstrap the Menu Dashboard gets Available on Mouse Hoover and Left Panel then it will be perfect.

Thanks

www.boxygen.pk

@boxygen, The bootstrap is another framework and we need to load the files locally. FA always prefers to go without other frameworks and without internet as well.  So i kept this point in my mind and just revamped the UI of Default theme.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

@kvvaradha.

A good theme, however I think the icons are a little too black and dominating. I would prefer a color of #333 or #444.
The grey section at the top is too height. It is difficult to have all the menu info on screen without scrolling.
But this can be fixed.
At the same time I have also been working on a couple of themes, one of them could also be in the standard themes. I will publish them in a couple of days.
But thank you for doing this.

/Joe

Hello again Guys,

I have uploaded 3 new themes that are based on flat simple colors and flat icons from flaticons.net. They have many good icons and it is easy to color the icons before downloading.

The Default2 theme, is mirroring the Default theme, but it has gone a major update.

The Flatcolor Theme is a new theme, also with flat colors. A horizontal menu at the top and a module menu dropdown.

The third, Flatcolor2 is with a sidebar accordion menu, that can be expanded and taken away with the Menu sign above the sidebar. This could be a candidate outside the defaults.

They all need a little fine tuning but please give your comments.

Did you improve yours a bit, @kvvaradha. I also guess that @notrinos has one coming. Exiting!

The url is:

https://frontaccounting.com/fa24test

User: testing
Pass: password

The testing user is only allowed to make queries.

/Joe

Post's attachments

New3Themes_Screenshots.zip 129.8 kb, 67 downloads since 2019-01-05 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

@joe, I was a bit busy last few days, Let me fix them and update you soon.

i just gone through your themes, demo, i think login page is also missing,  when you change the ui within the main area, change the login page as well.

Let's see @notrinos update.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

The default2 theme needs to fix the overlap of the body heading - see attachment.

@kvvaradha's default theme has a fixed position login screen which needs scrolling to view fully and on login, the menus are vertically spaced too much. Also the black icons are too bold and distractive.

Post's attachments

default2_theme_to_fix.png 51.3 kb, 1 downloads since 2019-01-05 

@apmuthu.

Please make another test. I have uploaded another ex. Ok here in Safari, Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge.

If not, please state your equipment. Thanks in advance.

Joe

@Apmuthu, i cant see such a login page problems. but i think may be its viewport issue  now i added this tag,

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">

Hope that fixed for login page. and menu height also reduced a bit.

The icons color will be updated soon,

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

I am just thinking loudly smile. Maybe we can let the existing /access/login.php and /access/logout.php check if there is a login/logout file in the theme folder, and if so, redirect the login and logout. Just a thought.

Or maybe we can organize just the design part and only let this redirect. Just for security.

/Joe

Yes login, log out page in theme folder shall over write the core one. Good idea

www.boxygen.pk

Yes, custom access pages in theme folder would be great, but which folder ? Should system need to access users cookies to get their last used theme ?

Phuong

Get all cookie data and permissions necessary before handing over to the theme.

See attachment - overlap remains - FireFox 52ESR on WinXP SP3.

Post's attachments

default2_theme_short_width_overlap.zip 119.3 kb, 54 downloads since 2019-01-05 

@apmuthu,

Yes this was caused by the lock of the menus. This has now been fixed and uploaded. All the 3 themes have locked menus, so you can scroll and the menus stay there. But thanks for testing.

I have now replaced the login with another one belonging to default2. It will work with all 3 themes, because there are only include files in that theme folder.

I had to reorganize a bit, but had to be careful, due to several things taking place here.

It is not easy to let the theme taking over the login box, because we have a so called catch 22 situation. We first know the user after login. And the themes are user based. But we will solve that in some way.

So for now it is hard coded in the local login.php (with a local login.inc in the theme folder).

We will find out a solution for this. A nearby solution is to set the default theme in the config.php file, but this is not the best solution. Well let us think a little.

You have the username and password above in a reply.

or User: testing, Pass: password

/Joe

@joe i demoed all the three themes and the login page also looking better now.  I can see the flatcolor theme is redirecting to show the dashboard of selected module. its better load the dashboard module link instead of the page link. Because its redirecting, so taking sometime for slow servers.

Regarding the login page brought to themes directory

We can do it like this. on the /access/login.php

we will put this code before ui file include.

$def_theme = "default";

if(file_exists($path_to_root . "/themes/$def_theme/login.php"))
    include_once($path_to_root . "/themes/$def_theme/login.php");

Here the users can change the theme name here. which will bring the theme's login file.if the first not exist. than it will be loaded this login.php.

may be we need to set this for three files, login, logout, and password reset

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Hello @kvvaradha.

I have choosen another approach. In login.php all the initial stuff are processed here. Then the theme login.inc file is called if such a file exists, mostly for the design part, and the final stuff is again processed in login.php. This approach will eleminate the risk of forgetting stuff in the theme login.
If no login.inc file exists a default login is used.

The problem is the catch 22 part. We don't know the user theme before the login is effective. But we will find a solution to this. Ii am working on that.

Then reset of the password file is almost a copy of the login.php file. It could be processed the same way. I will see if we can merge the reset password file and the login.php file.

Joe

Alright @joe,
That's also fine idea.

And also i updated the theme and color of icons also i have changed from true black.   You can take a look at there and feedback me further,

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

@kvvaradha.

Yes it looKs better. Still I think the icons is too dominating. Mayby it is the Material design. Of course it is a matter of taste smile.

Joe

19 (edited by kvvaradha 01/09/2019 07:17:57 am)

May be. Are you interested to take this theme to core?

Logo also i have edited.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

I think we will make a poll when @notrinos has presented his new theme.

Simply let the audience decide which should be candidates. We usually have 3 themes in the core, but the other can be set as extensions. I guess there are several old themes that can be taken away from the extensions.

The best one will be the default theme. Democratic, right?

/Joe

If all that is different is just some colour(s) in a theme, then a selectable css can be implemented instead of more themes.

@joe, You are right. Lets wait for @notrinos theme and poll it.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

23 (edited by poncho1234 01/25/2019 06:50:30 pm)

I revisited my ‘minimo’ theme introduced here and toned down the changes; also adding css only off-canvas menus, ie no additional js.

minimoV2, minimoV3 & minimoV4 all have the same general theme, but with different menu options:-
V2 – Hover left for menu with hover over menu tabs for complete applications menu.
V3 – Hover left for what I can only describe as ‘The Meg' full screen with all applications listed in a vertical format
V4 - Hover left for a horizontal version of V3
V5 - Not done, but applications only for the current tab is also an option.

With V2, V3 & V4 it’s possible to go from your current page to any other page in FA with just one click; although I am not 100% convinced in any improvements to productivity, but that will probably come with use. It’s also a little ‘weird/different’ having no menu, but that should also disappear with use.
It’s also possible to have 2 different menus for the left and the right in the same theme ie left menu V5, right menu V3.
Smaller screens may be an issue.

None of the themes are 100% complete, but if you like the concept and wish to include them in the core I will finish them.
To do list includes:- Log in/out screen. Remove redundant css.  Improve div start/end logic for V3, re-write menus as a function, change renderer tables to divs, etc

Demo here
username: demo
Password: password

@boxygen ref post 2. Is this similar to what you meant?

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

The menus appear very cluttered (when expanded out) for accounting usage. A nice attempt though and maybe the finished version will be better.

joe wrote:

I think we will make a poll when @notrinos has presented his new theme.

Simply let the audience decide which should be candidates. We usually have 3 themes in the core, but the other can be set as extensions. I guess there are several old themes that can be taken away from the extensions.

The best one will be the default theme. Democratic, right?

/Joe

Any further updates related to this topic.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes