Topic: Error when installing: "Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated"

I am attempting to install FrontAccounting under XAMPP (version 1.7.2 - includes Apache 2.2.12, PHP 5.3.0 and MySQL 5.1.37) running on Windows XP SP3

Error message is:

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\frontaccounting\install\save.php on line 296

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\frontaccounting\install\save.php:296) in C:\xampp\htdocs\frontaccounting\install\save.php on line 86

A bit of googling leads me to think that it is something to do with the 'eregi' frunction being deprecated in the latest PHP version but I am afraid I have no idea what changes to make to the code to get round this.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Re: Error when installing: "Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated"

This have to be php  5.3 specific warning. Changing first line in save.php to
error_reporting(E_ALL^E_WARNING)  should help.

Janusz

Re: Error when installing: "Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated"

sasmedia and anyone else using PHP 5.3....

You are likely to get a host of errors using this version of PHP.
For starters, they include new functions defined in PHP eg. date_diff, that are also defined in FA.  Like all PHP 5.3 problems, there is a strong likelihood that these new errors may take a while to iron out.

I would strong advise using an earlier version of PHP.

I am going to work through the errors for maybe a couple more hours, if it sorts itself out: I'll post back what I did, otherwise I will downgrade too.

(Note there's nothing odd about FA here: most software vendors are refusing to support PHP 5.3 at the moment, as there was a feeling it came out too quickly, and people haven't had time to make the many changes to their software this requires.)