Topic: search by customer reference to make customer payment

Hi

Is it possible to search or find customer invoices by the customer reference while making a customer payment?

Reason: Some Customers pay the bill by using their order no. They do not want to see  our invoice no. or even do not want our invoice in some cases. Because they want us to adjust according to their system. But I need to allocate those payment against their invoices in our system. So if I use their order no as customer reference I would like to find them easily while taking customer payment.

Or is there any other way to solve this in FA.

Re: search by customer reference to make customer payment

Hi, have you had a look at Sales ->  Customer Transaction Inquiry and Customer Allocation Inquiry, maybe what you are looking for?

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

3 (edited by Maezoom 11/24/2018 10:15:09 am)

Thank you very much for your immediate feedback.

But I wanted to see the transactions according to "Customer Order Reference" what we fill up during creating an invoice.

In transaction inquiry page (transaction inquiry/allocation inquiry or customer payment page)  when I click on invoice no. it shows the customer order reference no. But when there are hundreds of due invoices and need to take payment against any specific customer order reference it becomes almost impossible.

Is it possible to get a column on transaction inquiry called "customer order reference" that would be retrieved from inside of the invoice that already entered.
And would also help getting them on report like customer balance, sales summary etc. where it matters.

4 (edited by poncho1234 11/24/2018 02:32:40 pm)

In transaction inquiry page, you can search by all customers or only a specific customer. You can also narrow the search by selecting a transaction type or change the date range. Update results table by clicking 'Search'.

The 'Reference' field when you create sales order can be amended with your customers order number, so '008/2018' could become '008/2018 ON-5678330' and to confirm this is the value that will appear in the 'Reference' column of the transaction inquiry/allocation inquiry page.

You can also adjust the number of rows retrieved per page by changing the value of Query page size: in Preferences

The reference column is printed in the customer balance report.

Does any of the above help/resolve the issue?

Do you have hundreds of due invoices per specific customer?

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

Okay brother thank u very much and I will let u know soon.
Yes hundreds of due invoices every month.
But I will check the system according to ur process.

6 (edited by Maezoom 11/26/2018 07:18:28 pm)

Yes, you are right that we can see customer reference in the order inquiry page. But we do need to see them in customer payment page with due invoices. Because we do direct invoices and in that case we do not have sales order except invoice and delivery document.
When we take payment for due invoices we need to search on a column by customer reference. How can we do that?

I understand you are dealing with hundreds of invoices; but what is the approx number of due invoices per customer? 20? 30? more?

You can still use 'The reference column is printed in the customer balance report.'

Have a look at that and I'll investigate a possible solution

8 (edited by poncho1234 11/26/2018 08:25:07 pm)

Do you mean something like this https://imgur.com/a/3727T11???

Post's attachments

CustPayments.png 48.3 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

9 (edited by Maezoom 12/12/2018 06:32:05 pm)

Sorry for the late reply.
Yes that works fine. And per customer there are almost 50 due invoices are generated as this is a retail shop. And have to deal with some credit sale.
But it works fine now for the invoice. When I print customer balance report it does not show the full reference characters because I added 6 more characters by the automated reference number and it gets longer and may be that's why it does not show the full reference no.
But it does the job mostly
If there is any solution for the report please let me know. How can I extend the column width?

10 (edited by poncho1234 12/12/2018 08:25:34 pm)

So options:-

1. pdf in landscape - horizontal
2. Download in excel

3. You can modify the customer balance report:-

Copy the file reporting/rep101.php to company/xx/reporting where xx is the company number, (0 for only one company)(after the file has been modified you will need to copy it to any other companies you require the report for)
You can now modify the report in company/xx/reporting without changing core files

Around line 130 you will see the following:-

reporting/rep101.php
130:     $cols = array(0, 95, 140, 200,    250, 320, 385, 450,    515);

0, 95 is the width of the 1st column 95, 140 is the width of the 2nd column etc

Look at the report see what columns you can reduce in width and adjust accordingly, you will then have extra space for the # column.

Looking at it, column 4 (due date) can be significantly reduced also columns 5 and up a little each, but those will depend on your currency

All numbers must increase. the 515 can be changed to 550 which gives you an extra 35 for starters
With a little time and patience you should be able to increase the 2nd column width.

Try the above 1st, if you still need more width in col 2, there are further options

11 (edited by poncho1234 12/17/2018 06:38:10 pm)

Can you confirm that you have changed Preferences -> Query page size: to 60?

This should give you all the customers transactions for the month (you stated around 50) on one page of customer payments. It also means you will not need to use the customer balances report.

If you are only seeing 'auto' in the references column, you may not be using the direct sales with credit correctly