Topic: Fractional line item unit prices

Hi,

I regularly order large numbers of parts, the unit price of which include fractional pennies.

I know FA can have any level of precision for currency, but any more than two does not make sense as I can't actually receive or pay in frational pennies.

The problem comes with order lines, e.g.

I order 200 widgets at 12.33 pence each

Currently this would result in a purchase order line total of £24.00

But the supplier is expecting to get paid £24.66 for this invoice line, this shortfall ripples though the system.

I have made some small changes that introduces a new control, prefixed unit_price_.  This means that we can have a new preference unit_price_fraction (I have fixed this value in my code to because I have not worked out how to modify the preferences module)

Could this modification (done properly) get into the main code?  Do others have this problem?

I can send a patch file if anybody wants to try it out.

Cheers,
Jason.

Re: Fractional line item unit prices

Yes, of course. please send me the changes as diff to original version, or simply all the affected files. I will do my best to integrate it in FA 2.2.

Janusz

I have received the patch. Thanks.
Often suppliers selling huge quantities of low value items use pricing per some bigger unit such hundred or thousand pcs. This eliminate need for bigger precision on invoices. In your example it would be selling of 2 hdrpcs 12.33 pound each. If this is your situation, this is supported by defining supplier units on Purchasing Pricing page.

Janusz

Hello Jason,
We have now changed the Purchasing Pricing so that you can enter up to 6 decimals. This is from CVS Main dated Aug 24, 2009. This will be included in release 2.1.5 that is shipping in a couple of days.

Please read the updated sticky topic in Item and Inventory Forum regarding this.

/Joe