1 (edited by jfk071 08/14/2009 08:36:47 am)

Topic: Swedish translation not working all the way

I have installed the swedish language, but all the top menu and some other menus are not in swedish, but all the rest is working fine. How do I solve this?

//jfk071

Re: Swedish translation not working all the way

You can translate this by using the program poEdit.
The reason for that not having translated these is that they contain accelerator keys (&) in from of the key.
I will prepare a new file, sv_SE214.zip and place it on Sourceforge.net, languages. It will contain the latest strings up to 2.1.4.

If you translate the po file, please also do the fuzzy translations. They are almost wrongly translated. And please return it to us, when finished.

/Joe

Thanks Joe

Ah, we overlapped a bit. Please read the changes to the topic.

/Joe

No, I din't translate the po file. I will now test the the new file se_SE214 that you put up on sourceforge.

I update the languges with the new sv_SE214, both PO and Mo file. Logged out and restarted the browser, but still the same problem. Is there something I missed to do?

Sorry, I thought you were interested in translating the missing strings. You can do that by downloading a program, called poEdit from . Open the file, sv_SE.po, and start translating, also the fuzzy strings (bad translations).

/Joe

I still a bit confused, the top menu are translated in the PO file. I opened it with poedit. I tried to add & before in my translation where it was a &, but it is still english in the header?!

Strange. Are you sure you have php gettext installed on your server. If you don't have it installed, FA creates a php file with the translations text instead. This file might be cashed. Delete this file if so. It is in the same folder as the sv_SE.po file. Then a new file will be created the next time you run FA.

/Joe

I'm using a shared host so I don't know ig gettext is used. How can I look this up?

I looked in the folder sv_SE.po and there is just to mo and po file in this folder.

You could upload a file containing the following

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Save it as something.php and upload it to the server root.
Then run this script
your_domain/something.php
This will tell you about the php info and if gettext is installed. It looks like it is installed, as you didn't have a sv_SE.php file here.
Try also to empty your internet cache in your browser to see if it helps.

/Joe

It worked now, cache realted problem.

Thanks for your help

//jfk071