Topic: 2 questions about printing purchase orders reports

Dears,

I have 2 questions regarding printing & displaying purchase orders:

1. why doesn't the Item Code show in its field on the report? Is there any workaround? I tried to figure out a solution for that but failed.

2. why does the purchase order report have the form of an invoice (Invoice No., Cust no, Charge To, Please quote Invoice no. when paying....)? It has the title "PURCHASE ORDER", but other header fields are like mentioned. have i messed up something? Is there a simple workaround?

Thanks & Best Regards....
Ahmed

Re: 2 questions about printing purchase orders reports

Hi Ahmed

aroussi_eg wrote:

1. why doesn't the Item Code show in its field on the report? Is there any workaround? I tried to figure out a solution for that but failed.

Once upon a time... somebody commented line 111 in rep209.php out smile. I guess the aim was more space for item description.

aroussi_eg wrote:

2. why does the purchase order report have the form of an invoice (Invoice No., Cust no, Charge To, Please quote Invoice no. when paying....)? It has the title "PURCHASE ORDER", but other header fields are like mentioned. have i messed up something? Is there a simple workaround?

IMHO this is an effect of never finished work with doctext.inc/doctext2.inc. There should be defined another set of field headers for $doctype==18 i.e. purchase order.
I'm afraid, you can find more such problems in reporting module.

Janusz

Re: 2 questions about printing purchase orders reports

Dear Janusz,

Thank You very much for Your immediate and kind response smile. It's really helpful & i will try to follow the leads You showed to make some simple & cautious modifications.

Best Regards, and thank You again for Your time & effort.

Ahmed