Topic: FA2.4.4 Payments Quick entries

In the quick entry setup, Banking and Geberal ledger / Payments/ the base amount description is not transferring to the Memo after the go button is clicked to go.

In 2.3 the description would pull through to the ledger account entry memo in the line item. In 2.4.4 It leaves any of the payments ledger lines memo blank. Also blank description in Recon.

Payments to suppliers and deposit (Customer Payments) show in Recon correct.

Wynand

Re: FA2.4.4 Payments Quick entries

Hello @seahawk,

I can not reproduce this. Will you try to detail it a little more.

Joe

Joe

Banking and GL / Maintenance / Quick Entries

When setting up these quick entries it requires the following information:

Description:   
Usage:   
Entry Type:   
Base Amount Description:   
Default Base Amount:

Normally with 2.3 the Base amount description would transfer to the transaction line memo when the quick entry is used.

For example when you setup Banking fee you will use the following:
Description:     Bank Costs - Monthly Fee
Usage:    Monthly Fee
Entry Type:    Bank Payment
Base Amount Description:    Account Fees (This would normaly transfer to the GL account posting in FA2.3) Does not transfer in FA2.4.4
Default Base Amount: Value of the transaction

You also setup an account to post the transaction against:

Posted:    You choose various options

Account:    The GL account that must be used.

Part:     If you want to allocate part to the chosen account and then setup a second account that must get part you will enter amount here as %, depending on which posting option you have chaosen

Line memo: This is new in FA2.4, and I have check if this line now pull through to the GL description when you post the item. Have  Was not in FA 2.3

If you upgraded from 2.3.26 to 2.4.4 you wil have to edit all your quick entries to change the Base amount description and add it in the Line memo.

I have tested this now, and then it will display in the line transaction. This means after upgrade you have to edit all your Quick Entry Lines

Wynand

Wynand

This may possibly be included in the upgrade script.

I am not sure how to fix the update script. As a default it is said to 'Amount'. This will clutter the lines with non usable information.

Any ideas?

/Joe