1 (edited by kvvaradha 06/14/2023 08:52:57 am)

Topic: FA with Batch/Serial/Lot Number Tracking System

I just tried to bring the Batch number system into Frontaccounting. Almost everything is ok now. I am expecting Users feedback to windup the development of Batch number tracking FA.

Batch and Expiry Date System

Waiting to collect feedback and bugs if any to provide it to community.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Re: FA with Batch/Serial/Lot Number Tracking System

http://fa.kvcodes.com/batch/inventory/adjustments.php?NewAdjustment=1

The above link is not working. I wanted to check how adjustment takes care of Batch No.

Rest What I have analyzed is that Batch number will be introduced to the System at the time of Purchases.

It is a very good and useful feature.

www.boxygen.pk

Could this be used for products of a limited shelf life - food, medicine, etc?

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

@boxygen - Thanks for finding a syntax missing issue. By mistake typed an extra character in it. Fixed it now.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

@poncho1234 - Well this can be used. Also I programmed the batch tracking system to the Manufacturing module. Especially the advanced manufacturing has full control to select the batch you want to issue for production.

Assembly and Unassembly have the feature of background selection, which works FIFO or LIFO Method to select.  But here I used FIFO.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

@kvvaradha, the automatic calculation of average cost of the product will be done as a whole or batch wise? I mean will there be only one Avg Cost of the product irrespective of batch or Each batch will have its own Avg Cost?

www.boxygen.pk

@boxygen, So far it applies to the system average cost method. Because if we go with batchwise, We have to apply LIFO or FIFO method to use it in standard cost calculation.

I am trying to figure out the FIFO or LIFO Costing method with help of Batch system And thinking to include the Landed Cost calculation.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Hi @kvvarada Thats really fantanstic

But one key thing missing is expiry date. As you know for pharma and food retail it is very much requried

9 (edited by kvvaradha 07/12/2020 07:06:32 pm)

@dhanakumar,  I have already developed expiry date with the batch number.  you can demo it here. 

http://demo.kvcodes.com/BATCH  and the same username and password to login and check it

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

@kvvaradha
Looking forward to it. Previously i have created one and lost the code and i was thinking about to do it again becoz lots of peole were asking about it

ANOOP
Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes!

Greate @kvvaradha.

Is this going to be commercial or open source?

www.boxygen.pk

Batch number system will be open source, but the Batch number and Expiry Date together will be Commercial one, because I have put much more effort in it.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

How much?

www.boxygen.pk

I gave it a try and found one issue.  Received two batches from supplier. Batch-A 10 PC and Batch-B 10 pcs.
Sales order for 20 pcs. When creating a delivery against sales order there is no option to select a second line to add additional batch. Entered 20 from Batch A and it went through even though Batch A had 10 pcs. Basically oversold Batch A.
Is this module available to download to test locally?

@andijani - you are right, the batch allows to oversold 10 from Batch A. Which needs to change the default delivery of FA. Looking to make something different from the default customer delivery,like quantities from different batches,we need to select the product from the drop down.

Sorry its not available to test it locally.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

@kvvaradha As you mentioned in Post # 12 that Batch system will be open source. How can I get it?

www.boxygen.pk

@kvvaradha As you mentioned in Post # 12 that Batch system will be open source. How can I get it?

Sorry i have not brought this code online sofar. Let me takeout the Batch codes alone from batch with expiry and bring it online with my version of FA along with it.  Because all of my codes are customized inside code and also made some changes in core of FA.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Hello ,
but If i use the your batch it will be different from the mainstream frontaccounting , then I will not be able to upgrade the regular frontacounting ?

Yes,  it has to be updated with more than 30 core files. And during the FA update, all these codes will be vanished. Because my codes are all directly modified the core

HRM CRM POS batch Themes