Topic: Migration from Sage to FrontAccounting

Is there an easy way to migrate past year's accounts from Sage to FrontAccounting.
Any help with this matter would be appreciated.

/Carmelo

Re: Migration from Sage to FrontAccounting

Does anybody have any experience with the above please?

OK, old topic, i know.....but any advice on this would be appreciated....looking to migrate away from Sage & Microsoft.

...pretty please..???

Most proprietary applications help you migrate your data from other's programs into theirs but will not help in doing the reverse. In the case of FA, you have access to the raw tables that you can manipulate/extend at will and migrae in/out without reference to anyone.

Identify the Sage DB used and it's version. See if an ODBC driver exists and is interface-able. Then identify the core elements you wish to import - Customers, Suppliers, Items, Pricelists, Chart of Accounts, etc. Export such data into an FA usable format and import using the Import extensions in FA.

Doing it yourself right is cost-effective. Asking others to do it might turn out more expensive than buying Sage, etc.

Sage50, at least as I know it, does use mysql as a backend.  but I have never been able to make enough sense of their db structure to pull any usable data from it.  that said, it has been a while since I have tried.

Based on my experience, your best bet is to probably pull reports from sage in csv format, and either enter the data by hand, or possibly if you can organize the data according to FA's db tables, import the csv into FA's mysql tables...

CSV / Excel data can be parsed into MySQL.
To make sense of any application working with any db, take a sql backup of the schema, data and then make one transaction of each type in turn taking backups of the data each time and study the differences and you will then discern which table/fields have been affected (insert/update/delete). Then build an ERD from it.