Topic: Account Number

Account numbers could be a helpful thing to have, especially when you have to deal with a lot of business using similar name. This should avoid any confusion.
Also it will make it easier and faster to do searches for transactions.

Re: Account Number

Do you mean prefixing the Account Number to the Account Name in search results?

Account number as a unique ID for each account.
Each Account have an ID in database, that can be use, or a complete new number.

Example:
Forman and Son Enterprises -> account# 235
Forman Design and Something -> account #244

So when the customer call with questions about the account all you need is the account number (which by the way can also be the phone number) and make it easier and faster to search.

In US a lot of companies associate your phone number with the account number, so when you call, before they answer your call they pull up your account info to speed up the process.

A simple php file can be created to interface with your PBX, extract the caller id, lookup FA crm files for the contact's number and extract the customer id and then call up the ledger folio record for the customer using the appropriate FA link with it in the URL. That way a pop up will get triggered when a call is answered (eg., AsteriskPBX). For vTigerCRM, this is done in my vTiger repo on GitHub for interfacing with AsteriskPBX.

Are you suggesting adding an account number to the debtors_master table?

If so, I strongly AGREE!

I get 99% of my sales orders from web orders that I import from my osCommerce site

Can we add that in FA2.5?

Is there a projected release date for FA2.5?

Tom

Alternatively, make a separate table that holds debtor_masters' primary key (debtor_no) matched to an account number in osCommerce in the latter and create a view that provides for direct import into FA from it.

7 (edited by tom 04/20/2019 08:22:21 pm)

I did notice that both the Long and Short names are searched from the web forms, so that may be a solution for the original poster.
It also may be suitable for me as well.

If not, your extra table suggestion will clearly do the job as well

Tom

update...

After considering the add-on updating for new and existing users, the extra table method seems much cleaner

Tom