Topic: Credit Card Sale

Hi.  I am attempting to follow the setup instruction in the Wiki for enabling CC type sales.  When I get to the fourth bullet point (Create a POS for Credit Cards in Setup => Points of Sale and assign it the bank account for Credit Cards with atleast Cash sales enabled) I get hung up trying to create a new POS.  The drop down window for the "Default cash account:" control only shows Petty Cash account.  I don't see any other field into which I can enter my newly created merchant bank GL code.  The version of FA is 2.3.19

Re: Credit Card Sale

Check what has changed in the files since then to the last version 2.3.26. Each account you want as a bank account should be declared so in Banking and General Ledger => Bank Accounts.

Thanks, but it's not clear how your comments help.  I was expecting help getting past the point of the setup process where I am current stalled.  I've successfully established a new bank account in the GL (that was a previous step in the "Create a POS for Credit Cards in Setup" process as outlined in the Wiki).

Why can I not create a new POS associated with this new bank account?

Which Chart of Accounts are you using?

I don't know.  How do I determine that?  I operate my business in the USA, English speaking

When you installed FA, what chart of accounts did you choose?

I'm sorry but I did not perform the install.  Can the COA be identified from within FA?

A backup of the FA instance would provide the CoA along with your data as well. Compare it with the default standard template at sql/en_US-new.sql file and populate only the data equivalents in your backup, deleting all other data. The password hashes in the user table should be reverted to the one in the standard template. The key elements of the CoA would be your chart_master, chart_class and chart_types tables apart from user preferences in the sys_prefs tables and data in your config.php / config_db.php file sans the db and mail access credentials. The FA versions and the db sql versions are in the version.php file.