Topic: Direct Invoice Problem

Hi Guys

First, like most of the users, I have been searching for this application for a long time. Thanks.

I have a problem when I try to create a direct invoice. When I 'Place Invoice' I get a sql error: DATABASE ERROR: FATAL : sales order return nothing - 0

I assume this is because no sales order exist. If so how do to allocate the sales order to the invoice?

Also how does one edit a supplier? I created two suppliers but only one is shown.

Thanks - Steven

Re: Direct Invoice Problem

When direct invoice is entered related sales order is created in background. This is idea of direct invoice. The error message is displayed when for some reason database structure is corrupted. Some time ago we had issue like this in FA source, but the message was displayed after failed upgrade from FA 2.0 to .1.x. Now it is fixed, so I don't know.

If you initially see only one supplier, regardless of number of suppliers defined you have supplier selector working in 'search' mode. To see all of them press space and input * in displayed input field. Or uncheck related option in company preferences.

Janusz

Thanks for the reply Janusz

I'm using version 2.1.2 but also saw the same error in version 2.1.3. Because of the error I reinstalled version 2.1.2 - version that is displayed when downloading from the repo, I thought 2.1.3 might be a beta or unstable version. What caused the db corruption that you saw previously?

I did a quick test. The direct order works with the default company.

I installed the default and then created my own company from the setup page option - as explained in the forum. I used the en_US-new sql script to create my company. Could it be that there is a problem with the sql script?

Steven

The version 2.1.3 is bugfix stable release as any other minor releases. This version does not have any problem related to this thread. I have just tested installation  from scratch - no errors both during install nor Direct Invoice entry, so - as I said - I don't know the reason. Maybe this is something related to your Win MySQL installation or version (I use only Linux), but FA  is always thoroughly tested before release also on Windows by Joe.

AFAIR the problem fixed was that user was allowed to delete some data from sample database content, which should not be deleted, which in turn lead to this databse error. You can find thread related to this issue somewhere on the forum, but as I said this was finally fixed in FA 2.1.3.

I installed the default and then created my own company from the setup page option - as explained in the forum. I used the en_US-new sql script to create my company. Could it be that there is a problem with the sql script?

I'm not sure I understand you right. What was the reason to create new company after installation, when all was working fine? After installation you have en_US-new.sql just installed, so for single company setup based on en_US file nothing more is needed.

Janusz

Thanks Janusz

I could only get the automated installation working. Thats why I followed the automated installation process and then created a new company from the setup.

I will try 2.1.3 again.

Company created in automatic process is exactly the same as created from setup using en_US-new.sql file, so this is why I have asked about this. Nevermind. I hope it was some temporary problem.

Janusz

Janusz

I just did a new clean installation of version 2.1.3 and I have the same problem.

Are there and prerequisites before doing a direct invoice?

I have also rechecked my mysql setup for inno configuration and all seems fine.

I don't know if joe has seen this thread maybe he might have an answer.

Steven

Steven, can you give us a description of you server environment, please. Linux/Windows OS? Mysql version? PHP version?
Just to give us a chance to locate the problem.

/Joe

Hi Joe

Server: XAMPP 1.7.0
PHP 5.2.8
MySQL  5.1.20

Windows XP Home SR 3

FA 2.1.3

Thanks

Hello again,
Everything seems to be ok, but you could try to download the chart of accounts script, en_US-new.sql from the CVS MAIN repository. Download the file with release 1.8 from the MAIN trunk.
There might be some kind of error in your copy of the file.
You can find it here:

It is important that you download the release 1.8 !

/Joe