Topic: ECB, How to set the rate manually?

Greetings,

First of all, thanks for develop this wonderful program. Okay, now back to the problem that I've encountered.

I setup the program but when tried to create the invoice, there is an error message appears. "Cannot retrieve currency rate from ECB page. Please set the rate manually." My currency is MYR(Malaysia) and I don't want the system have the ECB referred back to ECB website. How to get rid of this? How to setup the system so that only currency MYR to be use in this FA?

Really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Re: ECB, How to set the rate manually?

To get MYR as the default currency on the company, you can set this currency on the company in Company Setup. You may need to first create this currency. If you want to change some customer/supplier to use MYR you can change that on the customer/supplier. If you have many you can do this in phpMyAdmin by using an UPDATE statement on all customers and suppliers.

When you get a message that says that the currency rate cannot be retrieved from the ECB you can do as the message says. Enter an exrate yourself. You don't have to do this every day. Probably once a week. FA will always use the nearest value.

The routine will try to get the best value, but will always fall back to your last entered value.

/Joe

Re: ECB, How to set the rate manually?

Hi, Joe.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Thanks again & have a nice day!