Topic: Not able to load reports on localhost

I have a to installations, one on localhost and the other is on a remote server. The loading report function seems to be working well on the remote server, however it is not on the localhost.

When i click on display botton to display a report, the progress bar keeps running for a while then i get the warning triangle icon. I tried running it the task while viewing the process on the developer tool and i get this error:
JsHttpRequest: Javascript code generated by backend is invalid.
I am using wamp 2.4.23 as the server, php 5.6.25, mysql 5.7.14

I need a help. Please.

Thank you

Re: Not able to load reports on localhost

You will need to use MySQL 5.6 and lower. If you want it to run on MySQL 5.7 and above you will need to turn off strict mode for dates. Search the forum on how to do it. Later versions of MySQL do not look kindly on dates such as '0000-00-00' and zero timestamps as well. Hope you have installed the dejavu.zip fonts and enabled popup windows for localhost in your browser.

FA v2.4.3 is out and some post release fixes are in the Announcements page. There is no FA 2.4.23 yet. What browser and version are you using? Try Firefox 52.x ESR. Compare with versions on your remote server.

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried disabling the strict sql_mode on the server, restarted and same problem still persists.
I am using the same Firefox instance for both instalation : remote and local. Firefox version 57 64 bit. Report displaying function works fine on the remote server but not locally.

I am using WAMP apache server version 2.4.23
Php 5.6.25
FA 2.4.3

Thank you

1. Check if there are any write permissions issues for the tmp folder.
2. Make sure you have OpenSSL extension enabled in your php.ini file (and restart webserver on any changes).
3. Check if any issues are listed in the wiki you may need.
4. What OS do you have for your local install?
5. When the report generation is complete, check if you have it present and valid in your company/#/pdf_files folder where # is your company id.
6. What do your Apache and FA logs say?
7. Turn on the various debug options in your FA config file and troubleshoot it by referring to the wiki.

Thank you for your support.

Tmp folder is writable and my OS is windows 10.
Openssl is enabled.
Report generation seems not to complete successfully as I don't see any report present in the company/#/pdf_files folder. I tried accessing the Apache log files but nothing seems to be logged on this matter. I still however, haven't run the FA diagnosis/log since I still have limited access to internet for a few days.
Is there any indicators on not having a report present in the pdf_files directory after report generation process?

Thank you

Why don't you try the pdf debug mode first? Maybe there is an error.

i'd recommend xampp instead of wamp..
works great on my pc.

Make sure you have the appropriate font in the reporting/fonts folder.

Thank you all for your replies.
I have taken up the suggestion of replacing the WAMP server with XAMPP, and surprisingly it worked just fine. I am temporarily on limited resources/time to figure what might is causing the problem more specifically on the WAMP server. If someone has taken this step and figured out what the problem is exactly, please do share the findings so people get familiar on the issue.

Thank you all again for your support and help.

Compare the php.ini files and the apache conf files.