1 (edited by ThePoet 09/04/2008 02:21:44 pm)

Topic: Desperatley trying to get FA to work

I was so impressed with the demo I decided to try the program. It goes to the install page and I add all my information. It then says "Error: Import error, try to import ../sql/en_US-demo.sql manually via phpMyAdmin".

I use PHP My Admin which I do. It completes the import and I go back to log on and it says "DATABASE ERROR : could not get validate user login for admin
error code : 1046
error message : No database selected
sql that failed was : SELECT * FROM 11_users WHERE user_id = 'admin' AND password='74e1fdd9efbd7554a831940c79af8071'

I have tried all suggested fixes and am now kind of desperate. Any help will greatly appreciated.

I have also noticed that there are about 12 Training Cos showing.

Re: Desperatley trying to get FA to work

Check your config_db.php file. Here you should have something like this:

$db_connections = array (
    0 => array ('name' => 'Testing Co. Ltd.',
        'host' => 'localhost',
        'dbuser' => 'ThePoet',
        'dbpassword' => 'somepassword',
        'dbname' => 'fa2',
        'tbpref' => '0_')

};

Of course your password can differ a little smile.

Janusz

check your file config_db.php

make sure your database information there is correct, I have had this problem lots of times working with these scripts, it is not hard to fix.

AM

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

OK  checked config file and sorted it out. When I try log in /access directory it tells me "The user and password combination is not valid for the system."

Do I need to re-import the database?

You can import en_US.sql file e.g. via phpMyadmin. The startup login is admin: password.

OK sorted out the db file... imported the database into my database name and then tried to log in using the username admin and the password as the one I selected. Still cannot get in it now says " Incorrect Password. The user and password combination is not valid for the system."

Any suggestions?

I cannot imagine why you have the problems with login, anyway you can check 0_users table. Here you should have record with:
user: admin
password: 5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99

These are correct values for admin:password account.

Thank you for all the help. It works.. now the work begins !!

Even I face the same problem.. Once I log in with admin and password. It says Incorrect Password

The user and password combination is not valid for the system.

If you are not an authorized user, please contact your system administrator to obtain an account to enable you to use the system.

I checked the data in the table 0_user and re installed the database.. Its not working sad

is this problem with the sql database? for me, i just use the default password in the system.

I am not sure .. I am not able to login ... as Thepoet said. Today I am trying to install in different system and to checkl

Ok now its working ... its a mistake i made  in a config_db.php . This I found and fixed.