1 (edited by t2webby 06/25/2009 03:47:15 pm)

Topic: Inventory GL and Inventory Valuation Report Reconciling

Is it possible to get an inventory valuation report for a specific date range? I know right now inventory costs are done on the fly and nearly impossible to trace back previous costs. I think it would be highly valuable to able to track all the different material costs done on particular item with date stamp so that it'll be easy to track where and when it might be off. The valuation report has problem synching with the inventory GL and its hard to pin point why.

Maybe have a material cost DB table and that each item there is a material cost change, it records it to the table at that date.

Re: Inventory GL and Inventory Valuation Report Reconciling

Well, I know that the missing sync can be the various bugs we have had in this complex system. With all the possibilities to change prices, voiding posts and so on.
I also know that the last bug is probably not found here yet, but nevertheless we are doing our best.
I am not sure this would help, while all the GL postings are based on the average material costs.
The actual prices are saved on the PO item lines, so it would probably be possible to make such a report based on these lines. This would be an topic for the 2.2 release. Unless you are writing a specific module for this smile

/Joe

I could prepare a report for 2.2. Something like this:

GRN Report
Period mmddyyyy - mmddyyyy.
A GRN Report with item lines
item - PO no - Qty Received - unit price - actual price - total.
Subtotal per item and grand total.
Eventually filtered by category.

Such a report will give you the actual prices for every received item during a period.

/Joe

Such a report is now available for 2.2 unstable and is called GRN valuation Report and it placed in Item and Inventory reports-

/Joe

Thanks joe. Perhaps there could be an implementation in the future for logging everytime there is a cost average change made to sku. This way, we can see the history of material cost changes made to a particular item, which can help in fixing bugs quickly as well since we can trace where and when it may of gotten out of synch.

yes, but this is one effective way of doing it. Probably the best one. This repost gives you all the data to see what is going on.

You can actually copy this report into the 2.1.3 system by looking at the reports_main.php and copy the file rep305.php into the 2.1.3 system.

/Joe