Topic: Trans_Tax-Details Reg-Type Null on Bank Payment and Direct Invoice

FA 2.4.2  Tax Report not complete

I noticed the Tax Report is not reporting all tax postings from trans_tax_details table.  Every time I record a Direct Invoice or Bank Payment the Tax Report is not showing the taxes posted by these forms. 

Here is how my table looks like:

Trans_Type 20  Reg-Type 1
Trans_Type 10  Reg-Type 0
Trans_type 13  Reg_Type Null
Trans_type 11  Reg_Type Null
Trans_type 1    Reg_Type Null

Re: Trans_Tax-Details Reg-Type Null on Bank Payment and Direct Invoice

Correction to my post. Direct Invoice is ok. Only Bank Payment taxes are affected.

Taxes collected from customers and
Taxes incurred in invoices from suppliers only should form the part of the Tax Report (reporting/rep709.php) .

Hence there is no issue here.

I am using quick entries in bank payments with taxes. And these postings don't show up on tax reports.

I just posted another supplier invoice using a quick entry and the reg_type filed on tax detail table was not populated.  This could be due to quick entries.

On Supplier Invoice
Items Received Yet to be Invoiced  -  Tax Report shows the taxes incurred
GL Items for this Invoice  - Tax Report doesn't show the taxes incurred

Quick Entries are a means of entering non document type journal entries. Payment of taxes does not constitute tax incurred or accrued on Supplier/Customer invoices. All standard document types have their own data entry form and type that reports respect.

Please see my latest post. Even Invoices are not populating reg_type files if GL entries are used.  And with reg_type field as NULL the Tax Report shows no results.

All postings from these documents  are expected to show up on TAX Report.
Transcation Type   
Journal Entry    0
Bank Payment    1
Bank Deposit    2
Sales Invoice    10
Customer Credit Note    11
Supplier Invoice    20
Supplier Credit Note    21

As it stands, FA's Tax report is restricted to Sales and Purchase Invoices and possibly goods returns (on appropriate credit notes) if entered as standard transactions and not as quick entries or journal / bank entries.

This is not the case with FA 2.3.22 where all tax details are pulled by the TAX Report.

See the diffs between the rep709.php across the versions to revert to whichever functionality you want.

Hello,

I am not sure which is the correct way of generating the report, but ideally tax report should show all Input amounts, Output Amounts and the tax amounts for these particular output/input amounts. And if possibles the rate of tax.

When I currently generate the tax report, it doesn't show me my Input amounts where the tax was 0%. But it does show me output amounts where the tax was 0% percent.

Would someone be able to help with the codes so that we can achieve above basic format ?

Thank you

Please checkout the 'working' report from FA 2.3.22 (may need a few tweaks from the FA 2.4.2+ one) and see if all is as you desire. Then place it in your company/#/reporting folder to override the standard version and you should be good to go.

It's an old topic, but the solution worked very well. Now the direct bank entries are visible in the tax report again. I uploaded the rep709.php version from 2005 (!!!) and it worked fine.

@joe: does this deserve a reconsideration?