Topic: Fixed Assets

Any one can help to how to use Fixed Assets and depreciation for frontaccounting 2.4?

Re: Fixed Assets

Fixed Assets was an extension in FA 2.3 and is builtin to FA 2.4 natively. The wiki does not yet have a page on it.. Fixed Assets on the Wiki

To configure the Fixed Assets, enable the role for it (Fixed Assets Configuration), save the role and logout and login again.

The attached screenshots are self explanatory.

Post's attachments

FA_FixedAssets_v2.4.2_Screenshots.zip 94.1 kb, 56 downloads since 2017-09-13 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I got the same problem too. can't process depreciation and i can't find any tutorial about this.does anyone can help??

Re: Fixed Asset Purchase

Hi, good folks.

fixed asset purchase comes with 1 qty item? the qty column(field) is greyed out. if you have two items of an asset, you cannot capture the other one. has anyone a clue about how to enable the qty field editable?

in anticipation of your kind response

Normally, fixed assets are treated as separate units to depreciate them individually.
Example, there are 5 Air Conditioners (same model) installed in a company but all purchased on different dates.
Therefore, each AC is allotted separate ID for ease of calculation of depreciation.

In your case, you can have similar NAMEs of the FA adding -a, -b, -c at the end.
Suppose you have 2 Photo Stat Machines, 1 for the Administration Section and the other for Account Section.
You can name them as Photo Stat - A and Photo Stat - B.

Dear All

I cannot process depreciation. It said :
"There are no active fixed asset defined in the system."
But in --> Fixed Assets Valuation Report. I See the Fixed Assets was there.

I'm using 2.4.3 version.
Don't know what to do.

Please help,
Regards,
Agus Widi

Precisely that - enter the fixed assets into FA first. Enable those permissions in the Setup => Roles for the user role you want those permissions for, logout and then login again and the said use with the appropriate role will be able to create fixed assets.

Helo,

Thank you apmuthu for the reply.
FYI I logged in as System Administrator which is Checked for everything in Setup --> Role, including Fixed Assets.
I'm All ready input : Fixed Assets Class, Categories, Location, And Fixed Assets itself.
Also After that I Already input : Fixed Assets > Transactions > Fixed Asset Purchase.
So I can see the Fixed Asset Item listed on 'Fixed Asset Valuation Report'

Now the problem is I cannot 'Process Depreciation'.
It keeps saying  : "There are no active fixed asset defined in the system."

FYI :
My fiscal Year Start 01-01-2017
My fiscal Year End 31-12-2017
I input one purchase on date : 01-01-2017

What should I do?

Regards,
Agus Widi

Hello,

Dear apmuthu,
I've looking for the source code : 'data_checks.inc'

ON line 251, I 've found  this code :
function db_has_stock_items()
{
    return check_empty_result("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ".TB_PREF."stock_master WHERE mb_flag!='F'");
}

I changed it to :

{
    return check_empty_result("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ".TB_PREF."stock_master WHERE mb_flag='F'");
}

Now 'Process Depreciation' works.
Still I'm confused and worried, is there any consequence on another module if I change this.
Is this a BUG?

Regards,
Agus Widi

The normal stock items are not Fixed Assets and no such change is needed.

You need to look at the function db_has_depreciable_fixed_assets() in the same file - includes/data_checks.inc. You probably need to set the fixed asset as depreciable and choose what method of depreciation you want and make sure you have completed the year for it to be able to process depreciation.

Hello,

Yes I see the function db_has_depreciable_fixed_assets().
But my issue was not that one.
As I mention the errror message was : "There are no active fixed asset defined in the system."
And it refer to Function : db_has_stock_items().

I still go on with changed script.
I see The Process Depreciation work well, as it should.
I'll inform the further problem.

Regards,
Agus Widi

Rather than change the function, change it to a call to another function by making line 135 in fixed_assets/process_depreciation.php:

check_db_has_stock_items('There are no active fixed asset defined in the system.');

to be:

check_db_has_depreciable_fixed_assets('There are no active fixed asset defined in the system.');

@joe: commit if okay.

Janusz is looking at this tomorrow.

Joe

Joe, Any progress on this issue?
Regards,
Mugao

Yes. Janusz reports that this is of priority.

Joe

Hello @joe, @apmuthu,
Please this fantastic module needs the attention it deserves from the bosses mentioned.
the module seems not to be working since the process depreciation is raising a red flag even with the recommended commits from @apmuthu.

we need to find a solution.

Hello,
the file data_checks.inc is not in the includes folder. Please where is it located. or am i the one getting the location wrong. thanks

apmuthu wrote:

The normal stock items are not Fixed Assets and no such change is needed.

You need to look at the function db_has_depreciable_fixed_assets() in the same file - includes/data_checks.inc. You probably need to set the fixed asset as depreciable and choose what method of depreciation you want and make sure you have completed the year for it to be able to process depreciation.

It is there - see this link - maybe you are using some version other than v2.4.3+.

Hello Dear Apmuthu.
I guess you mean is : process_depreciation.php. (Yes, stands corrected now. Thanks).

BTW. I follow your suggestion. It works.
I think this is the best update so far.
Thank you.

@joe: Can commit post 12 herein.

Will fix it later today.

Joe

This has been committed to 2.4 official repo.

/Joe

Hello,

Dear Joe and Apmuthu.

Thanks for the the update below:
https://github.com/FrontAccountingERP/FA/commit/2e95a5672e4cabeaba603da7ac1105c3acb865ea

I follow and tested the script. 
The Process Depreciation is working, I'm using the original file of "data_checks.inc".
Now I go to Manage > Fixed Assets.
Usually I can select Fixed Asset that I have inputed before (I have several).
But Now I cannot see this : ---> Select an item: (which is usually placed on top).
So it makes me cannot modify an Fixed Asset.

Fortunately, I did following (AGAIN):

I've looking for the source code : 'data_checks.inc'

ON line 251, I 've found  this code :
{
    return check_empty_result("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ".TB_PREF."stock_master WHERE mb_flag!='F'");
}

I changed it to :

{
    return check_empty_result("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ".TB_PREF."stock_master WHERE mb_flag='F'");
}

Now, I can manage Fixed Asset.
I can select Fixed Asset and edit them.

I guess this problem related to "Process Depreciation" problem that I have submitted before.

Regards,
Agus Widi

This should not be done. A stock item is not a fixed asset item. We are now using a different function for the checks here: check_db_has_depreciable_fixed_assets()

apmuthu wrote:

This should not be done. A stock item is not a fixed asset item. We are now using a different function for the checks here: check_db_has_depreciable_fixed_assets()

Where should I change to use :
check_db_has_depreciable_fixed_assets

Since I'm a new beginner. It's too complicated for me, please explain more. Like, which file, and row number. smile

Regards,
Agus Widi