1 (edited by jenifer 06/09/2009 06:31:36 am)

Topic: Bank and Cash should not come in Journal transaction..!

Hello Friends..!

According to Accounting rules Ledgers related to bank and Cash  should not come in Ledger Drop Down in Journal Entry..!! Cash and Bank is always related to Payments Deposits and Contra Entry...!!!

Can anyone help me here...wht changes should i made in Coding so that i got desired result..!!

one more thing
Can i ask here help to understand code so tht i customize it accourding to my need..??

Thank U.!! big_smile

Re: Bank and Cash should not come in Journal transaction..!

The reason for the bank accounts showing up in Journal Entries is that you are logged in as admin. You need this option to put in Open Balances.
Normally you are logged in as an Accountant and you don't see the bank accounts here.
So please create a new user as an Accountant. And don't change the code. You will get into problems every time you are updating the system.

/Joe

okay..!!
thats fine..!!!
One more thing i noticed that it is not multiuser Software...!!
i thng it manages accounting system of one company only..!! yikes

what should i do to make it a multiuser program..!! So tht i can manage accounts many companies..!!

Why do you say it is not multi-user?

You can create additional companies when logged in as admin under setup.

tom

Yeah it is Multiuser..!!
but every time you create new company... u have to create new Database..!!
if i have ten companies then i have to create 10new database..!!! and thts not fiscal..!!!

It does not need a new MYSQL database, it just adds a new set of tables with a unique prefix (0_, 1_, 2_ etc)

7 (edited by p2409 06/12/2009 05:47:43 pm)

Between the smiley faces and the multiple explanation marks, I couldn't really understand the chinglish here, but I think she means is "is FA multi-company".

The answer is NO, there are no subcompanies or consolidated reporting like you get in SAP or other huge packages. I can think of a few basic workarounds, but they'd to be too complicated to explain to a brand-new user and wouldn't give a proper result.

Questions about functionality tongue probably shouldn't go in the 'Report Bugs Here' section either.