Topic: The entered information is a duplicate.

Hello.  I have successfully imported several hundred transactions using the Import Transactions module. 

When I tried to import transactions relating to a second account,  I got an error message: "The entered information is a duplicate. Please go back and enter different values."

I have checked the import CSV file and the rows referred to in the error message appear correct. How do I resolve this please.

I can upload the relevant error message and the source .csv file entries if required.

Regards Barry

Re: The entered information is a duplicate.

Does it have anything to do with hardcoded primary keys of any auto added primary key that starts with 1 each time?

No this does not appear to be the case. How do I attach screenshots so I can show you the offending entry?file:///home/barry/Temp/Screenshot_FA_Import.png
file:///home/barry/Temp/Screenshot_csv_source.png
When I do it with cut and paste only the filename shows.

Regards Barry

Paste link here.

5 (edited by BarryHavenga 08/14/2017 08:08:49 am)

Hello

I could not paste directly to your window and when I paste the links in the reply window I suspect that the links will stay text and not resolve to the graphic.

/home/barry/Temp/Screenshot_csv_source.png
/home/barry/Temp/Screenshot_csv_source.png

Regards Barry

Give the link like http://www.yourdomain.tld/<path_to_fa>/Screenshot_csv_source.png

We currently don't have a static IP to our domain. Could I use Dropbox or Google Drive?

Regards Barry

Yes

It might not updated the auto increment ID or your reference may already exist, Try change the Reference lines and test it again.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Hello. I changed the Reference Lines but appending an "A" to each number and it still does not work. 

Is there a way to force the auto increment ID update?

Regards Barry

Do a diagnostic check of all your tables and re-index them. Also set the auto increment value of each such table to 1 - it should then set the actual value by itself. Make sure your Chart of Accounts sql schema compares exactly with the sql/en_US-new.sql file.