Topic: UOMs

i have items that is by Case, and i can sell it by Piece.

how can i use this item that i buy it from my supplier by Case (12pcs/case), and will sell them either by Piece or Case... and it should reflect in my inventory... maybe per piece.

Re: UOMs

In the Items and Inventory tab you can enter Purchasing Price. There you can enter the suppliers UOM and conversion factor.

/Joe

thanks joe, will try.

hi joe, i'm confused with the conversion factor.

i am selling at UOM EA at 15
my purchasing price at UOM DOZ, conversion factor 12, cost will be 10 and the price here will be (10x12) 120
is this correct?

Hello Zedd, the uom doesn't work correctly all the way round. Please make a search on the work 'UOM' in the forums and you will get som work arounds and tip.
We are doing an overhaul of this in release 2.2.

/Joe

One way to build a solution would be to create the item with the 12 pack with a measurement of 3 decimals. This way you can create assemblies from this 'raw material'. F.i. one each item, one 6 pack etc. by creating these as Manufactured items. Create a Bill of Material (BOM) for them. F.i. the one each with BOM The 12 pack and quantity as 0.083 (1 / 12) of the 12 pack. And for the siz pack 0.5 of the 12 pack. And so on.
Then you create these manufactured items through Work Order Entry, Assembly. Create as many as you want and there is enough 12 packs.
These manufactured items can have only a measure with 0 decimals. They don't need the 3 decimals.
This way you can laborate with new product packs.

/Joe

7 (edited by zedd 06/11/2009 06:17:25 am)

yup, i tried it and 1/12 will be 0.0833 and the ordering UOM will not be the correct one.
i can wait for the version 2.2, im still exploring the program. Thanks

will be database work if i upgrade to v2.2?
i'll just download the database, install the v2.2 and restore my old database. is this correct?

When upgrading from a minor release like 2.1.X to 2.2.X you only need to backup your files: config_db.php, installed_modules and installed_languages.
Then you just upload the new files. Restore your backup files. Finally you run a Setup menu, Software Upgrade. This will take care of the database changes.
There are instructions in a file called update.html.

/Joe

cool! hopefully we can have the version 2.2 very soon. more power to you guys!

hi joe. is this implemented in version 2.1.3? or i should wait for the 2.2?

It should now work in 2.1.3. Please read the sticky instructions in Items and Inventory Forum, Purchase Pricing, on how to use it.

/Joe