Topic: Default Date selection

Hello.  Is there a way to change the default date for reports to ranges such as:
This Financial Year
This Financial Year to date
This Month
Last Financial year
etc.?

Regards Barry

Re: Default Date selection

If these string are in the drop down box, then the start and end values will need to get allotted in the code by a js that dynamically sets those fields accordingly. The latter way will ensure no change to the real php processing codebase.

There should be a a variable for saving the last report selections. I cannot recall which. I am not in office right now.

Joe

The parameter sticky_doc_date is stored in the sys_prefs table on a per company basis in FA 2.4.x and is set in the Preferences page at admin/display_prefs.php and is by default disabled (0). The function sticky_doc_date() in the class user shows the current session user's preference from function sticky_date() which reads the property $sticky_date in includes/prefs/userprefs.inc file.

Post's attachments

DisplayPrefs.png 30.3 kb, 1 downloads since 2017-07-27 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Now I recall the flag. It is in the user preferences. Left pane. Save Report Selection days. If you set this to 30 days, the report selections are saved for 30 days.
Maybe this can be used.

Joe

If your browser is set to clear all cookies and cache on exit from FA then these values and the session will vanish on logout and close of all browser instances.