1 (edited by jackel7007 05/05/2009 08:31:01 am)

Topic: 100% translated PO but missing words in FA

We have a 100% version of the PO file, from which i created myself a MO file (using POedit).
After adding the PO and MO file using the correct settings for ISO, not all words are translated.

On the first look, everything is translated and all works fine, but in some screens there are still english words.

Following a problem description:
* The words which are still englisch change, but (for so far I can see) mostly it's in the following Transactions screens
  -Sales Order Entry
  -Direct Delivery
  -Direct Invoice
* Cleaning the Cache from firefox sometimes helps, sometimes not
* refreshing the page sometimes helps, sometimes not

Also sometimes the login screen from FA comes in english where it should be dutch.
(from the 10 times maybe 1 or 2 is suddenly english. after logout and or refresh it's dutch again)

So what i already did / tried is:
* deleted and turned of the cache
* viewed FA using Ubuntu firefox and Windows Firefox / explorer
* deleted all the other languages, so the only one lef is dutch
* deleted coockies history etc
* created a new user with dutch as base language

But still no succes

Anyone has some ideas to try?
Maybe you can see if in your translation this part of FA does translate correctly?

Re: 100% translated PO but missing words in FA

Hi jackel7007,

Could you please share your Dutch PO/MO files?
I found some Dutch translation in another thread (from TED), but those ain't working for me ;(

Cheers,
Joost

Joost,

I know which file you mean, and i have to say that that file works perfectly, although it's not complete yet.

I can't share my file unfortunately there it belongs to a company.....

You should take a look at my other post to get your file working, it has to to with your locale(s).

For myself i'm still no further.
Is there anyone who can check his or her 100% complete translation for error's in the pages called above?

Hello,

I use FrontAccounting on Debian linux server with polish translation using system gettext libraries, and have no problems with translation. What is your distro? Have you got gettext installed, or php emulation is used?

Janusz

5 (edited by jackel7007 05/05/2009 09:55:00 am)

itronics wrote:

Have you got gettext installed, or php emulation is used?

i'm not 100% sure whetter gettext is active or not.
Although I see gettext 1.0.7-6 marked as installed in synaptics packet manager, i can't find anything what refers to gettext in my php.ini

(I'm looking in the /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini file, is this the one?)

Probably I should add something like extension=gettext.so ???

ps. Distro is Ubuntu

I'm not sure. Anyway you can check what you have installed via phpinfo(); call.
Gettext on debian works like a charm, but I'm not sure about the emulation. I not use it.

BTW. Please ask your boss to consider Joost's request. Maybe he/she using FA would like to support back this way our community?

Janusz

itronics / Joost,

My boss told me that we will give our language file to the community.
Unfortunately i can't tell you yet when we will upload it, but on time we will.

We outsourced the translation to a professional agency which is used to translate accountancy software, so that the terms used for translation are the right ones.

Thank you very much in advance jackel

Janusz

9 (edited by alejreb 05/21/2009 06:36:57 pm)

I was able to reproduce This behaviour ( switching words before and after translation)
My guess would be that gettext should be restarted server side, because after restarting my server it showed me the correct version of last "lang_NN.po" file.
Then, after making new corrections to my files again, switching words between old translation and new translated word are shown in my browser even after pressing refresh button or clearing browsers' cache.
Maybe this is your case too.
My scenario is FA installed on a SME 7.4 (centos based) server (mysql database)
and all is working fine exept for this strange iussue, just for the last .po file modifications after last server maintenance restart.
hope this help
Alejandro

Oh, yes, I forgot about this well known apache+gettext issue. After changing languge *.mo file http server should be restarted. I was looking for some smarter solution, but restart seems the only choice. Thanks alerjeb for the advice.

Janusz

11 (edited by jackel7007 06/05/2009 09:37:45 am)

Indeed, you should always restart your server after making any changes to languages. If you don't do this, it will result in strange translations.

(A screen is 100% translated but after reload or switching screens it's back to english, and suddenly everything is Dutch again etc.)

But I have found myself some other translation issues:

FA is totally in dutch for me, but the "errors/system messages" are still english.

For example in the next screen:
Sales --> Create and Print Recurrent Invoices

FA gives me an warning that "no recurrent invoices are due", and this line is still in english. Is there any way to get this translated trough the PO file?

I found this in the code, maybe you can tell me if it should be translated, or this is hard-coded. (and if you want it in dutch you should change it in the code)

File:create_recurrent_invoices.php
Line:161

display_note(("No recurrent invoices are due."), 1, 0);

There was a missing underscore in front of the parathesis. Fixed in CVS Main. You can fix the underscore yourself or download from CVS Main.
Can you extract the strings yourself with PO edit? Otherwise you can send it me and I will do it for you.

/Joe

Joe,

i have like 3 or 4 more of those non translated errors so far.

They are all errors in a red square or system messages in a green square like:

On the create)_recurrent_invoices.php page:
1 recurrent invoice(s) created #23 - #23 (this is in green
TCPDF error: missing or incorrect image file ../......................(this is in red)

On the sales_deliveries_view.php page:
TCPDF error: missing or incorrect image file ../......................(this is in red)

On the customer_delivery.php page:
Selected quantity cannot be less than quantity invoiced nor more than quantity not dispatched on sales order. (in red)

on the credit_note_entry.php page:

Maybe there is more, but this is what i found so far.
Should those lines be in English or can we translate them too?
(I don't want to hard code them to Dutch, because if we switch to English the lines will stay Dutch.

The TCPDF errors are system errors and are always in English.
The error message in customer_delivery.php was broken over 2 lines. Maybe poEdit couldn't fix that. New file will be fixed in CVS Main.
The error message in create_recurrent_invoices.php should be extracted. It is in original "%s recurrent invoice(s) created # $min - $max". Maybe ehere is problem with poEdit here too. Haven't changed anything though.

/Joe