Topic: Company with three Branches

I am trying to setup a new company which has three branches. But I am stuck-up

The goal is to be able to view a consolidated Profit & Loss Statement of the company as well as three branches independently. Moreover, these branches buy stock and sale it as it is (without manufacturing), so how can I show them their respective stocks? (maybe by using location).

Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Re: Company with three Branches

You should use dimensions for this. Please read in the wiki how dimensions work.

Joe

Figured it out, thanks smile

You can use dimensions for each branck on clients, and GL transactions as well as stock and purchases, and use location for the stock. Then you can transfer stock between locations. Each branch would have their own login, but they will still be able to process against the wrong branch if not using correct dimension.

Alternatively each branch could have separate setup and database. You can still run it on the same server with dropdwon to select banch login. Data is then processed separately for each branch. In main branch or Head Office have an income and expense account for each branch depending on your setup to consolidate transactions back to the totals.

Hope this makes sense.

Wynand

In the latter case of separate db / setups, the consolidation will have to be manual for the Head Office accounting.