Topic: BIG WISH! Negative amounts on sales order lines and bank payments

It would be very nice if it was possible to enter a negative amount on a sales order line for rebates.

The discount percentage is not enough for a lot of rebates.

Also, negative amounts on bank payments would be nice. It often happens that you need to do a bank payment where you need to do subtract something from the payment. Among others, this is the case when posting vat for foreign suppliers.

A danish company that buy something from a supplier outside denmark, will need to post 25 % in vat, nomatter if there is VAT on the invoice. Afterwards the company will have to do a counter post on another VAT account to equal the first one out.

2 (edited by marts01 09/28/2014 06:35:25 am)

Re: BIG WISH! Negative amounts on sales order lines and bank payments

BUMP smile

I know this is an old post and has somewhat been addressed before but, i d like to request to allow neg quantities in the sales/purchase invoice. My reasoning for it;

1) We are a dealer of Beer/soft drinks; therefore when we invoice a customer, we are selling them full goods and they are returning empty bottles.  If we are to use Customer Credit Notes, then we would need to issue/enter two invoices/credit slips.  We would then need to take both slips and total them together.  It becomes alot of transactions for one sale.

Would it be possible to add neg quantity to sales invoice/or add a drop down on the item for sale or return?  This would allow for one invoice, one transaction for this type of business.

2) The same also holds true for purchase orders.

Don't know what's involved, and realize most systems works as such..  That's why we are locked into our current system which allows neg qty.

Thank you,

Martin

Why not buy back the empty ones for a price with/without VAT?

4 (edited by marts01 10/04/2014 06:48:07 am)

I think we would have to set up the customer as a customer & supplier.  Also, not sure about the effect on the a/r & a/p accounts.  We would also be left with issuing a sales invoice and purchasing invoice to the customer, as opposed to one invoice.  If negative quantities were allowed, we could issue one invoice and a/r, a/p and inventory would fall into place.  We have the same issue with our supplier.

We are also keeping inventory on our empty cases/bottles.  The cases sold and returns, usually do not match one for one..

In our current system, if an invoice or purchase invoice is issued; as long as the total dollar amount is greater then "0", the system accepts it; otherwise we need to issue a credit (which is not very frequently, therefore practical to our workflow.)

ty

Agree - also on incoming/outgoing bank entries: please allow negative values (as long as the cumulative result of the entry isn't negative, of course).

It will not be an ERP then. Might as well have ExcelAccounting....