Topic: Print out date and time

i did print inventory valuation report and the print out date is correct, but the time is not.
what time server does the program follow? can i change it to use my server system time?

Re: Print out date and time

Time printed on reports is current server local time as returned by php date() function .
see php documentation and function Now() on file date_functions.inc.
Janusz

Jan, why is it that the time is not as server's time?

Normally it is.  I don't know why in your case it is not, maybe you have some buggy configuration on your server.
Janusz

thanks jan, i will try to look for it.

6 (edited by apmuthu 08/05/2009 11:47:24 am)

How can we set the TimeZone for the Logged In User's Profile? If this is done, then each user will be able to view the reports in their Time Zone. Caveat: Each user will see the same report in possibly different time printouts at the same time. A workaround can be a TimeZone Suffix to the printed Date / Time.

Will it be sufficient to print like this?
05/02/2009   08:30 am -0400 GMT if the server is placed in Florida?
Maybe this should be an option on a per company/user, or?

/Joe

Very nice indeed - it truly reflects the server time in the company's preferred time zone setting.

This is now implemented in 2.2 CVS unstable. It will take a while before you can look at it in the demo 2.2.

/Joe

hi.

the time is based on mysql or php? i found out that the time front accouting uses is based on GMT+10, and my windows system is GMT+8. i don't know where to change.. either php or mysql ?

itronics wrote:

Time printed on reports is current server local time as returned by php date() function .
see php documentation and function Now() on file date_functions.inc.