Topic: Service Items Not Showing up in reports

when we add item categories as service items-and further invoices are created for these items.

However if you take Inventory Sales Report for this particular service category- nothings shows up.

Is it that FA doesnt shows service category items in inventory report ? or some error from our side ?

we are using version 2.3.10

Regards

Jisar

Re: Service Items Not Showing up in reports

Service items are not shown in Inventory Sales Report.

Joe

Is there any means we can get reports of how much a service category business was done ? This is very important in our case- for example- we have computer hardware repair and Computer on site service as two categories- and we need to know how much business was done in each category. Thanks in advance ..

Regards

Jisar

You can change the sql inside the report

Joe

Also, you have all categories included in sales reports. Service is not inventory item, so is not  included in inventory reports.
Janusz

I am trying to get a report to show how many of a service item I purchased from a vendor.  In my case I run a transportation company and so when I purchase fuel, I have the Item Fuel set as a service item since I don't want or need to maintain inventory of fuel because it's going directly into the trucks and not a huge holding tank.  I need to be able to see how much fuel was purchased in each state for tax purposes each quarter.   When I run the "Inventory Purchasing Report" it doesn't show any fuel or any other service item I have set up.  PLEASE HELP smile Thanks.

Treat Fuel as an Inventory Item. Enter a large stock quantity as Opening Balance. Reset to large stock quantity when it nears exhaustion.

Alternatively, use Tags / Dimensions for Fuel purchases.

apmuthu wrote:

Treat Fuel as an Inventory Item. Enter a large stock quantity as Opening Balance. Reset to large stock quantity when it nears exhaustion.

Alternatively, use Tags / Dimensions for Fuel purchases.

Is there not another way?  I don't want to have to set up all those inventory accounts for fuel, plus it makes for my profit and loss numbers to be all messed up.  Everytime I run a P/L or a balance sheet the numbers will be skewed because I'll have inventory on an item that is not an inventory item showing up.

9 (edited by apmuthu 12/05/2016 09:02:32 pm)

@joe: any ideas?

Would entering the fuel bills by "journal voucher / quick entry" to the appropriate state (or state group) fuel expense account solve your issue?

I would suggest to put a dimension on the fuel service item. That way you can track the cost of expense.

Or if you are not using the items for that, simple create a quick entry with a dimension included on the transaction.

/Joe

joe wrote:

I would suggest to put a dimension on the fuel service item. That way you can track the cost of expense.

Or if you are not using the items for that, simple create a quick entry with a dimension included on the transaction.

/Joe

I thought about that, but then I run into issues getting the reports I need for fuel taxes here in the states.  I need to know how many gallons I purchased in each state each month and report that to the respected states.  That's why I am trying hard to find a way for me to run a report that shows the service items, qty purchased, and total.

Hello again.

IF you copy a report from the reporting folder to Company/9/reporting folder where 9 representsr your actual Company number.

This way you can simulate various posibilities. IF everything go bananas you can Always delete the report in the Company folder again.

FA Always search first in the Company folder for a similar report. Then in the reporting folder IF not in the Company folder.

Joe