Re: Volunteer translators for installaion wizard messages needed

Joe thanks so much!

27 (edited by jori 02/24/2011 11:13:54 am)

HI I've finished Georgian translation of FA. Files are sent to janusz@frontaccounting.eu, looking forward to see how it looks like. Thanks.

Awesome Jori, Thanks.

/Joe

Joe I hope it will be incorporated in the next release. So that I could try it, for sure there will be a lot of mistakes in terms of context, which will need my corrections.

Janusz, please, confirm receipt of Georgian translation files for FA.

Hi Jori,

Yes, I can confirm I have received, but even without my confirmation you can find them available in our repository since February 26 smile.

Janusz

If you tell me where's repository I will be grateful smile

You will see your package in the list displayed in Install/Update Languages page under Setup menu of your application. Just install it.

Janusz

PS If you have local version first uninstall it.
Janusz

34 (edited by jori 03/16/2011 08:29:19 pm)

Thank you Janusz,

I've installed Georgian language pack. First thing that apparently needs to be corrected are & characters in front of the words. I English version there were &'s in front of the words and I copied them in Georgian translation, but apparently it didn't worked well in Georgian scenario. Please, help me correct this. Should I just remove &'s in translation file everywhere?

Regards Giorgi

Yes, you can. The only result will be missing hotkeys, but you can always use mouse and/or arrow keys.
Janusz

Back button does not work in Georgian.

what are this type of characters \n
\t\t are they necessary to be included in the translation, or should I remove them all together?

No these are special kind of characters for a new line, new page and tab. You should just use the same characters, i.e. \n

/Joe

Thanks Joe, what about back button?

The back link in various windows should be translated.

/Joe

41 (edited by jori 04/04/2011 06:47:51 am)

I've installed version 2.3.3 back button is working fine!

Seems there have been new reports added to Sales reports group, because I saw "Print invoices" and "Print credit notes" are not translated.

Please, send me or refer to location where I could download latest emty.po so that I could translate those entries. Please tell how can I transfer my translations to latest empty.po, or how should I update my translation so that I don't have to re enter all translation file again.

One more thing "Authorization Timeout" in Georgian look to large, can you make font smaller?

Regards Giorgi

You can merge your existing .po file with the empty.po (from 2.3.3) file with msgmerge.
Or, if you are using poEdit, you can load your .po file and select 'Catalog', 'Update from pot-file'. Select All files as filter and navigate to the empty.po file and select this one.
Now the merge will take place and you see all your new strings.

/Joe
BTW. Please share the new files with us.

Thanks. I followed your instructions in the forum and updated my translation files. I've also sent an email with updated translation files.

Dear all
i translate it to fr_IR (persian) , How can i upload it for use??
B R

45 (edited by apmuthu 08/14/2016 09:54:33 am)

fa_IR is Farsi / Persian - is it very different from ar_EG (Arabic / Egypt) ?

fr_FR is French

Just translate the lang/new_language_template/LC_MESSAGES/empty.po into your language and name it fa_IR_2.4.0-1.po, upload it somewhere and place the link here and also send it to the dev team by email for inclusion into the official repo.

List of ISO-2 language codes | Library of Congress Standards.

Id like to help as a translator MX esp... I did translations for sugarcrm in the previous version...

The es_MX translation is available in my repo - fill in / update the missing translations and forward to the forum and to the official repo.

Can i volunteer to translate in khmer language? I done for translated in "khmer", but it is not working to add manual.

Most welcome.