1 (edited by abatonime 08/01/2016 04:06:27 pm)

Topic: Tax Inquiry - Tax not showing

I have 3 Tax Types as well as 3 Tax Groups in my system.

When I go to Tax Inquiry, one of them is not showing up.

Do you have any idea why?

I'm adding a screenshot of my system below:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ijp5f004j9zyn … s.png?dl=0

2 (edited by apmuthu 08/01/2016 06:46:32 pm)

Re: Tax Inquiry - Tax not showing

View the tax table relationships in the EDR in the Wiki. You probably have not attached the tax to the tax group  / tax instance.

Attached your file here as well.

Post's attachments

taxtypes.png 89.3 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I don't get what you mean. I attached each tax to it's tax group.

There are 3 tax lookup tables in the FA database - tax_groups, tax_types, tax_group_items - have a look at their raw contents and see what is missing.

Thanks for your help but everything seems to be already correct. See screenshot below:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvm0zvtoajakq … b.png?dl=0

6 (edited by apmuthu 08/02/2016 02:11:18 pm)

Attached your image here.

Please see if the "error" is there for all items and if so whether the item_tax_types and item_tax_type_exemptions tables data are messing up.

Delete all rate=0 entries in 0_tax_types and 0_tax_group_items tables whilst all 3 records in the 0_tax_groups table can remain as is. You may want to switch the sales_gl_code and purchasing_gl_code to 2150 whilst removing the 2151 and 2152 account codes from the 0_chart_master and suitably fixing the "System and General GL Setup".

There should not be any gl-codes in the CoA for zero tax entries.....

1. Logout.
2. Clear browser cache.
3. Clear FA cache (company/#/js_cache/*.js).
4. Login and check.

Post's attachments

item_tax_2.png 59.5 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Hi,

I followed your instructions but now I lost "Non EU 0%". Only Irish VAT is showing.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2vow9e1dv0bic … 4.PNG?dl=0

My goal was to show the 3 of them there.

PM me a link to your backup.

What purpose is served if zero rated entries show up? FA takes decisions on amount=0 in many situations that need to be fathomed. How did you get amount=0 for the first entry if it was Irish VAT 23% ?

Attached your image here.

Post's attachments

IrishVAT_issue.png 27.5 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

I need the values to fill Ireland's Revenue form VAT3.

Even through I did not pay VAT on EU acquisitions, I need to know how much I spent on them.
Additionally I need to know how much I paid for services from outside the EU.

I'll PM you the backup.

10 (edited by apmuthu 08/04/2016 03:44:30 am)

You do not have any gl_trans entries for account 2152.

The code does eliminate 0 amount entries in lines 138-142 in function get_gl_transactions() in gl/includes/db/gl_db_trans.inc for rep708.php (Trial Balance):

if ($amount_min != null)
        $sql .= " AND ABS(".TB_PREF."gl_trans.amount) >= ABS(".db_escape($amount_min).")";

if ($amount_max != null)
        $sql .= " AND ABS(".TB_PREF."gl_trans.amount) <= ABS(".db_escape($amount_max).")";

to avoid computed tiny balance entries (very tiny amounts: ie., less than 1 cent).

The variable $config_allocation_settled_allowance in the config.php file is used in supplier/customer payment/credit allocations.

The "Zero Values" choice for rep708.php (Trial Balance) uses the amount_min and amount_min input variables as "0" when chosen.

Attachment (in my next post) shows the Tax Report (rep709.php) which is what you may be looking for. There is a summary page for it as well. The report was taken with your backup with no edition.

apmuthu wrote:

You do not have any gl_trans entries for account 2152.

Yes because that tax is 0%. There is no entries for 2150 too, but it is still showing in Tax Inquiry.

This is not about Trial Balance report. It's about Tax Inquiry.

I don't see your attachment.

12 (edited by apmuthu 08/04/2016 05:24:04 am)

There are several entries for 2150 in the gl_trans table and that is why it shows. There are no entries for 2152 in it and that is why it is absent.

After adding a dummy entry for 2152, we can see it in the attached Tax Report.

The Tax inquiry doesn't show it because of the non-zero filter in the sqls it uses.

The config.php setting $show_voided_gl_trans, if set to 1, will show the voided (amount = 0) transactions as well.

Will investigate it further.

Post's attachments

TaxReport_709.png 91.6 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

13 (edited by apmuthu 08/04/2016 07:39:05 am)

Lines 121-122 in gl/includes/db/gl_db_trans.inc use the value of the config.php variable $show_voided_gl_trans to decide by assuming all gl_trans.amount values of 0 to be those of voided transactions:

if (isset($show_voided_gl_trans) && $show_voided_gl_trans == 0)
        $sql .= " AND ".TB_PREF."gl_trans.amount <> 0"; 

By using this config.php setting the risk of mixing actual zero value transactions with those of voided transactions is there as the account filter alone does not suffice here.

The Tax Configuration in the Wiki holds good.

@joe: we need another means of determining voided entries and a config / sys_prefs entry for choosing to display normal zero valued entries.

Post's attachments

GL_Tax_Inquiry.png 26.5 kb, 1 downloads since 2016-08-04 

14 (edited by abatonime 08/04/2016 08:12:35 am)

Hi,

Is it possible that some transactions are not showing in the Tax Report because they are in a different currency than the default currency?

For example Supplier Invoice #6 and #11 are not showing.

EDIT: It doesn't seem to be related to currency. I created a dummy supplier with the default currency and the Non-EU tax group and it's not showing too.

EDIT2: I think it's because I used "Enter Supplier Invoice" instead of "Direct Purchase Invoice Entry".

@joe: what policy do we follow - stick with 0 as void entry and mix 0 non-void entries with it or choose voids from the voided table?

I am not sure about the details. Janusz has changed a lot here.

The zero tax values are important inside EU countries to track the outputs/inputs for non taxed values.

Joe

I think the problem was because I used "Enter Supplier Invoice" instead of "Direct Purchase Invoice Entry". Everything seems to be fine now.

@joe/itronics: please advise way forward - for now use the config variable but check with voided table as well.

Hello,

Just wondering if there has been any progress on this tax reporting ?

I am writing with regards to the display of zero tax which relates to sales/purchases to/from an EU country to another EU country.

And in my particular case, where I don't see any sales invoices which have zero (export)tax.

Is there a way to display these within tax reports, or tax inquiry ?

I am still on version 2.4.2 but don't see any sales or purchase invoices which have 0% tax.

Any update would be great great help.

joe wrote:

I am not sure about the details. Janusz has changed a lot here.

The zero tax values are important inside EU countries to track the outputs/inputs for non taxed values.

Joe