Topic: More controle accounts must be added to system and gl setup

there is some thing strange here , I know that there are some common practices when designing a software , one of them is the controlling accounts which is placed in system and gl setup windows , but really I surprised when I tried to make a new template for new company with new chart of accounts and some nominal accounts , when I opened the script related to my template I found that there is four accounts not mentioned there in the windows system and gl setup as the following:

1- Goods Received Clearing Account (1430)
2- Retained Earnings (2050)
3- Purchase Price Variance (4220)
4- Direct Labour (5000)

why the developers not add those accounts to the windows of system and gl setup ?

what is the accounting cycle with the transactions ( must be published to know what is happening behind sense )

what is the accounting system followed here is periodic inventory system or perpetual inventory system ?

if we are about manufacturing solution where is the costing methods of inventory like FIFO , LIFO , Weighted or Moving Average Method , Specific Identification Method ?

sorry for disturbing you all but I think this solution deserve from us all to give a right suggestions to make it compatible with the most common practices in the world of accounting

Best Regards

Abdelhamid M. Abdelhamid - Partner & Managing Director
Abdelhamid & Co Certified Public Accountants & Auditors - UAE - Sharjah
(ACPA & IACPA) - (International Arab Certified Public Accountant)- IASCA Fellow Member
Mobile "WhatsApp" : +971 50 7948028

Re: More controle accounts must be added to system and gl setup

infotechaccountant wrote:

there is some thing strange here , I know that there are some common practices when designing a software , one of them is the controlling accounts which is placed in system and gl setup windows , but really I surprised when I tried to make a new template for new company with new chart of accounts and some nominal accounts , when I opened the script related to my template I found that there is four accounts not mentioned there in the windows system and gl setup as the following:

1- Goods Received Clearing Account (1430)
2- Retained Earnings (2050)
3- Purchase Price Variance (4220)
4- Direct Labour (5000)

why the developers not add those accounts to the windows of system and gl setup ?

These accounts were obsolete in release 2.1. Was original inplemented for future release. In release 2.2 some of them are used when closing fiscal years (automatic creating a balanced year). The Purchase price variance and the labour are not used at present.

what is the accounting cycle with the transactions ( must be published to know what is happening behind sense )

We are planning in future version to clean transactions when deleting fiscal years. Convert the deleted years transactions into Open Balances. Also cleaning other transactions.

what is the accounting system followed here is periodic inventory system or perpetual inventory system ?

if we are about manufacturing solution where is the costing methods of inventory like FIFO , LIFO , Weighted or Moving Average Method , Specific Identification Method ?

The Inventory system and the manufacturing solution are based on the average methods.

/Joe