1 (edited by asgare 04/05/2016 05:51:45 am)

Topic: Payment allocation solved

After composing "Direct Invoice" we need to settle customer payment. Two ways FA lets us, first "Customer Payments" second "Deposit Entry". If we use "Deposit Entry" for settling payments, we always see unsettled payments in "Customer Payments". Also our accountants team tried in other types and saw this issue persists.

refer to my previous post: https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?pid=23675#p23675

Thanks to all FA contributors smile
Asghar

Re: Payment allocation solved

Hi,

I am not sure i understand completely. But let me try to help you in this.

When you  use"Customer Payments" form,it will create a payment entry for the customer for a transaction say for example, it will create an entry in the debtor_trans table with  type 12 also it will add an GL entry in the gl_trans table.

but in Case if you goto "Deposts, it will make the payment without stating any customer order. thats not sure,whether the money paid for a transaction or donation. or pre advance for the forth coming transactions.  So it will be added to the customer wel name and his credit status.

Thanks

Kvvaradha

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

I have responded to your doubts in the mentioned  previous thread, but in short words: customer payment made with generic Bank Deposit form have to be settled on 'Allocate Customer Payment or Credit Note' page. Until that it is not settled.  Or better you should just use Customer Payments form instead, which allows allocation during payment entry.

Janusz

Dear Janusz

You are right, I don't know why we couldn't understand this option clearly. Very sorry of that.

Thanks to all FA contributors smile
Asghar