Topic: No exchange rate

I have on install where we have only a base currency, and no others in the system.

When I go to process a sale I get this error

Cannot retrieve exchange rate for currency as of 10/04/2009. Please add exchange rate manually on Exchange Rates page.

What do you think?

Alvin

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

Re: No exchange rate

You probably have broken database. The message can be displayed only when customer selected has not home currency set.

With some effort I've created the database with only fictional home currency defined. No exrate check during SO/SI entry and no errors.

Janusz

i got something wrong somewhere, the customer has currency everything look ok, I made a new test customer, same error

what table is customer currency in?

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

Customers currency is stored in  debtors_master.curr_code.
Janusz

please help i am having the same problem. what must i do to sort this out to do invoicing. i urgently need to invoice a client and i get this currency problem all the time. i am only using a single currency for all invoices.

Hello guys

As I said before, I see no other reason of the problem beside database inconsistency. I have done some tests creating company & customers  using currency not noted by ECB and all works right when your customers use only home currency. I cannot help no more unless you send me your minimal database dump, and problem can be confirmed on my local installation.

Janusz

itronics thanks for the reply

i think my problem is that my currency of my system is not the same name as the clients currency name. i need to know what file(s) do i edit to change the currency name for my clients setup in the mysql database.

thanks again

UPDATE 0_debtors_master, 0_company SET 0_debtors_master.curr_code=0_company.curr_default;

After this _all_ your clients will be updated with home  currency. You have been warned.

Janusz

itronics thanks for your reply

i'm sorry for the noob question but do i need to edit every single client in phpmyadmin or is there a way to implement your solution of " UPDATE 0_debtors_master, 0_company SET 0_debtors_master.curr_code=0_company.curr_default; " by implementing this in a script. how do i do this

thanks again

You can run this code in SQL window in phpmyadmin once and all customer records should be updated to your home currency. Keep in mind  this code is actual for database using '0_' prefix for tables. If you have another prefix you should fix this.
Do not forget to make the database backup before using it.

You can also put the statement in some file file with '.sql' extension under
company/0/backup directory and restore it via Backup & Restore page.

Janusz

thanks itronics

i used phpmyadmin and issued the command after i made a backup.
i then went into the system and made an invoice. right after placing the invoice i get

" Cannot retrieve exchange rate for currency as of 01/04/2009. Please add exchange rate manually on Exchange Rates page "

what now?

Is it company 0?

If it is not the Training company then you will need to edit the SQL

UPDATE 0_debtors_master, 0_company SET 0_debtors_master.curr_code=0_company.curr_default;

changes all 4 of the "0_" to "3_" or whatever to match the company number of your company.

When using phpAdmin how many companies do you see?

Bunch of 0_ tables, followed by a bunch of 1_ tables, etc

tom

thanks for the help guys

i am only using company 0

there is only a single company on the mysql database

now what ?

Please check under phpmyadmin if your debtors_master records have the same currency code as set in company record. If it is the case I have no other idea what can lead to this message. The only thing I can propose is to send me backup file to install and track the problem locally on my site.
I guess the problem is result of some manual interference into database content, which can have a lot of side effects. Is this the case?

Janusz

alvin wrote:

I have on install where we have only a base currency, and no others in the system.

When I go to process a sale I get this error

Cannot retrieve exchange rate for currency as of 10/04/2009. Please add exchange rate manually on Exchange Rates page.

What do you think?

Alvin

I'm still using FA version 2.0.6 and facing the same experience.
Then I modified the SQL Query in : gl/include/db/gl_db_rates.inc

See line 21-33: function get_date_exchange_rate($curr_code, $date_)

The original query is:

$sql = "SELECT rate_buy FROM ".TB_PREF."exchange_rates WHERE curr_code='$curr_code'
        AND date_='$date'";

Since the algorithm is selecting the latest exchange rate set up in Exchange Rate, it shouldn't be "date_='$date'", but should be "date_<='$date'" that will return an array of all available exchange rate for respective currency code.
Therefore we need to add extra SQL SYNTAX: "ORDER BY id DESC".

So, the modified query now is:

$sql = "SELECT rate_buy FROM ".TB_PREF."exchange_rates WHERE curr_code='$curr_code'
        AND date_<='$date' ORDER BY id DESC";

Have a nice try. smile

-herusubawanik-

This is not solution to the problem reported. When in FA only one currency is used, no exchange rate check should be done. If the error mentioned is raised it means that database is not consistent regarding currency references, or there is some very ugly bug in FA not squeezed so far.

The proposed sql change can result in retrieval of outdated exchange rate without any warning e.g. when ECB page is not available.

Janusz

Was this issue ever resolved? If so, someone please help as I a faced with the same problem. Updates to 2.2.1 solved the problem with 2.2 that I had previously experience. Now,

"Cannot retrieve exchange rate for currency as of 12/02/2009. Please add exchange rate manually on Exchange Rates page".

This error message is driving me naught as it appears in sales entry, purchase and payment entry.
Anyone that has solution, please trip in.

My FA use only one currency which is the default currency and exchange rate update is not checked, I wonder why this is a problem after the upgrade.

FA expert please come to the rescue. Thanks in advance.

Help others to help yourself as no one knows it all

can  someone help explain this to me?
if i enter a supplier's name, an icon will turn in a circle form  for some time  and stand in a rectangle form.
upon going to check it, the name appears three to five times saved.at first it will show a message that a new supplier has been added.
why has this change now?
am waiting.

whenever i try opening my account to view transactions, the day's date will add by one (1).for example today it will show 03/12/2009.
it this normal?.
regards
molyko

Hi,

I had also experienced similar issue while creating direct invoice.
When I key in delayed i.e. credit invoice all looks fine but if I try cash invoice.

The error "Cannot retrieve exchange rate for currency as of 12/02/2009. Please add exchange rate manually on Exchange Rates page". is appearing.
I am using single currency.

Thanks

Chaitanya

If you are using FA 2.2.1 Uncheck search options in company setup and the error message should disappeared. This works for me.
I hope this helps.

molyko wrote:

can  someone help explain this to me?
if i enter a supplier's name, an icon will turn in a circle form  for some time  and stand in a rectangle form.
upon going to check it, the name appears three to five times saved.at first it will show a message that a new supplier has been added.
why has this change now?
am waiting.

whenever i try opening my account to view transactions, the day's date will add by one (1).for example today it will show 03/12/2009.
it this normal?.
regards
molyko

I think your host is taking too long to load a page and the Ajax will time out on you. I used to have similar problem until I switched to a different host. So far for me this issue has gone.

Regarding false rate error - it just has been fixed in main CVS. Affected file cart_class.inc.

Thanks, This resolved the issue.

Chaitanya

Get error
Cannot retrieve exchange rate for currency as of 01/29/2010. Please add exchange rate manually on Exchange Rates page

I' Get up a new company
Create/Update Companies ->  Database Script ->  es_ES-iso-220.sql ( Chart of Accounts 2.2  espanish)

In new database, whith prefix 1_

Configure the fiscal year, customers, currency, taxes .
Charge Inventary.

When I try I get an invoice, get error  lack the exchange rate.
Let alone a currency , the new, my country (Pesos). Set the default currency in Pesos, and erase EURO.

Step to step

Create Fiscal Year create 2010
Delete all other fiscal Year. Previus  Company Setup ---> Fiscal Year: Select 2010

Banking and General Ledger -> Currencies
Create currency Pesos $ ARS 
Unchek ---> Automatic exchange rate update

Company Setup ---> Home Currency:  --> selec Pesos

In Currencies
Delete all other currencys 

Company Setup ---> Fiscal Year: Select 2010

Iventary
Create Items

Sales Price ---> Currency: Pesos (this one)

SALES
Add and Manage Customers --->  Create Client
Customer's Currency: Pesos
Sales Areas : Create Argentina

And

Direct Invoice -->
Get error
Cannot retrieve exchange rate for currency as of 01/29/2010. Please add exchange rate manually on Exchange Rates page.
What's wrong?

Transactions -> Exchange Rates

There is only one coin ( Currencie)
And the menssage

The selected currency is the company currency.
The company currency is the base currency so exchange rates cannot be set for it.

What should I do to fix this lack of change?

I have read all the comments and can not find the error
I now have a single currency,  Upload  the database en http://www.ta21.com.ar/front224.sql.zip
If someone can check if there is any inconsistency
Since already thank you very much

Sorry for my English

25 (edited by doknet 01/29/2010 07:48:43 am)

When I did the first customer was the Sales Area:Usa
After change
Sales Area: Argentina
And Client1 get error in  Sales Quotation Entry and invoice

But After change, create Client2 and this leave my create the Quotation Entry

But still get error in i Direct Invoice

Cannot retrieve exchange rate for currency as of 01/29/2010. Please add exchange rate manually on Exchange Rates page.
Any idea.

Thank