Topic: Magento integration?

Hi guys,

I'm giving FrontAccounting a good old test for a company we're starting in the UK.

Firstly - well done on a well laid-out and intuitive application. I've been trying a few, but I think I'm settling on FrontAccounting! Assuming we do, a donation will of course be forthcoming.  smile

We're also planning an e-commerce store, and are looking at Magento. I suspect the Magento userbase is going to explode soon - would you please tell me if you have any plans to integrate? I'm no coder (yet), but I understand the API is nicely structured and well documented.

Thanks in advance,

James

Re: Magento integration?

Hello James,
Thank you for your kind words. We have been very busy on the release 2.0 update lately. We have no plans to integrate FA with other major scripts, but it could be solved by writing a module add-on. These modules integrates well in FA with menus down right in the tabs.
Another approach would be to do this from Magento, but I am not familiar with this script, so I don't know.

Kind regards

Joe

Hi Joe,

You're welcome. Excellent - I look forward to v2.0!

I'm about to begin the process of properly teaching myself PHP and MySQL (I've gathered some bits of knowledge over the years, but nothing comprehensive). We've decided to use all web-based OSS tools to run our business, and we want to be able to do our own development. I'll have a look at your plugin architecture - are there any web-based resources you think would be useful in my quest?  smile

Thanks again,

James

Hello again,
Regarding FA, you can download some of the import modules, to get a feeling of what can be done. You can download them from the download section.
There are also a Developers API in the download - documentation.

You should probably also look into the Magento project to see, how extra modules can be inserted. This is often explained in discussion forums.

BTW, this is not an easy task for a non seasoned programmer, hopefully you can get some help from people around you. Best luck!

/Joe
PS. The 2.0 Beta is available for download at Sourceforge

Hi Joe,

Thanks - I'll have a dig around!  smile

James

Did you have any success? We are also interested in the same thing.

magentonews_uk with "Try to use the new version f magento." are you stating your are busy with somting for magento 1.4? or are you just sugesting to have at least v1.4 orf magento?

Anyhow one could take the frontaccount module osCommerce sourcecode and adjust it to work with magento 1.4 as a staring point.

Is someone already found a solution FA --- Magento ?

Hi guys,

With the army of Magento users out there looking to integrate their Magento with an ERP, with the increasing popularity of Frontaccounting it certainly is worth it to consider putting a team together to look into an integration module for FA and Magento.

Will be more than happy to make a donation to it.