1 (edited by tanoisp 11/01/2015 11:35:01 am)

Topic: Adding field to Sales or Purchase screens

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to FA and are busy moving over from PhreeBooks. Been using Phreebooks for almost 6 years, but their Forum support were not suiting my needs any more. After searching and testing numerous apps, I found FA and so far it is looking very promising.
I've managed to successfully migrate everything and also made some modifications with my little bit of PHP knowledge. My aim is to create a "version" that is compliant with the GRAP of South African business. I will post back all mods, GL's, etc. or possibly create an online demo for South Africans to login and download the backup, etc.

Currently I'm struggling to add a VAT/TAX field to the Sales Quotation Entry, Direct Invoice, Purchase Order Entry screens. I notice the feature is available on v2.4 beta, but I would like to get this feature in a production environment.
The idea is to add items (excl. tax) and then just before the "Amount Total" have the VAT/TAX displayed. Note, not on the print/email report, but the on the actual entry screens.

Here's a modified screenshot of what I would like to do: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B75eH3H8xn9ScXFnZTZNVDFHM0U/view?usp=sharing

Hope someone can be of assistance.
Ps. Not that I have a little php knowledge, but I am not an expert

2 (edited by apmuthu 11/02/2015 07:43:30 am)

Re: Adding field to Sales or Purchase screens

How do you propose to handle the case of differing VAT rates for multiple items in a single invoice - you will just get a consolidated value? Is it that it should be displayed dynamically (using a variable in the report to accumulate it) or to be taken from some table later?

There is atleast 1 thread in this forum that might assist you in it's backport from FA 2.4.

Attached your screenshot here as well.

Post's attachments

VATTotalInInvoice.jpg 88.6 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

apmuthu wrote:

How do you propose to handle the case of differing VAT rates for multiple items in a single invoice - you will just get a consolidated value? Is it that it should be displayed dynamically (using a variable in the report to accumulate it) or to be taken from some table later?

There is atleast 1 thread in this forum that might assist you in it's backport from FA 2.4.

I will provide any kind of solution in FA. Please contact with me

email:mon@eurobanglait.com

@roymagura: it would be appreciated if you provide your code for the community to develop and maintain and possibly integrate into later versions.

@apmuthu

Thank you kindly for the responds.

I agree with you regarding the difficulty where there are multiple tax rates. However, I am trying to adopt FA to work in the South African business environment where we only have a single tax rate.

As a Open Source web application provider we provide open-source systems to small businesses to assist them in cutting cost of over expensive accounting systems. Don't help trying to start a business and almost half of your income is paid towards an accounting system. As mentioned we used Phreebooks, but it is no longer fit for purpose.

Would be really great if this can be done. In the mean time I will use my limited knowledge of PHP & MySQL and see if I can work something out. If I can, I will post back the code.

Thank you for a great product and hopefully we will be able to drive it into the South African small business market and get a few donations.

Regards,