Topic: GitHub robot hides apmuthu repos from Public View

My FA GitHub repo has been hidden from the public by their robot for reasons in the attachment.

Incidentally this happened today and I did not receive any email notification of it.

This is important for the FA repo on GitHub as well and for every GitHub user to rethink on alternatives.

Google Code closes shop to the free public on 2016-01-16 and they currently have a button to migrate to GitHub!

Post's attachments

apmuthu_github_2015-10-04.png 3.2 kb, 1 downloads since 2015-10-04 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: GitHub robot hides apmuthu repos from Public View

Looks like others too have faced this predicament including HackedTeam and others.

One way people have got their account profile hidden thus is because others have deliberately forked their repos repeatedly in a short while. This is one of the methods that corporates and the unscrupulous use to scuttle Open Source and for some devs to prevent others from reaping the benefit of development, participation and / or community splits.

3 (edited by apmuthu 10/04/2015 08:32:31 pm)

Re: GitHub robot hides apmuthu repos from Public View

Yes, that was fast - even on a Sunday - wonder why it happened on a Sunday in the first place.

GitHub has restored the public viewing of my repo.

Notification of the restore:

Hi there,

I'm sorry about our naughty robots - they mistakenly flagged your account as spammy. They do a good job but can be a bit overzealous at times.

I've just unflagged your account and you are all set!

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Thank you!