Topic: WHERE CAN I FIND THE DESCRIPTIONS FA FUNCTIONS AND VARIABLES

Hi there,

I am trying to figure out more about the functions of FA.

I have 2 questions:

1.   I saw a lot of predefined functions in FA include directories.  Is there a summary or documentation that describe these functions and that I could refer to learn more about these functions.

2.   Also, I saw functions that carry variables (see below) such as 'charge', 'discount', 'amount', 'ref', 'memo_' ...etc.  Would someone please advise where can I find these variables and their definitions?  They seem to me are the names of the database table Name but I'm not sure...

Thanks..

==============================
    amount_row(_("Bank Charge:"), 'charge');

start_table(TABLESTYLE, "width=60%");

label_row(_("Customer prompt payment discount :"), $display_discount_percent);
    amount_row(_("Amount of Discount:"), 'discount');

amount_row(_("Amount:"), 'amount', null, '', $cust_currency);
    textarea_row(_("Memo:"), 'memo_', null, 22, 4);

2 (edited by apmuthu 09/29/2015 09:10:11 am)

Re: WHERE CAN I FIND THE DESCRIPTIONS FA FUNCTIONS AND VARIABLES

1. Constants are defined in includes/types.inc
2. config.php has the Global settings
3. #_sys_prefs table has the company specific variables.
4. Form Inputs are accessed by GET and POST variables and may have names similar to table/field names.
5. Functions are present all over the place in various files and can be differently defined in different files.
6. File inclusions can be nested as well.

Don't worry, it is common to get befuddled at first but as you gain experience in inspecting variables at each point in the codebase for each event you will become more familiar. The community is quite helpful but it is better to search the Wiki / Forum for info before defraying scarce voluntary time resources.

Re: WHERE CAN I FIND THE DESCRIPTIONS FA FUNCTIONS AND VARIABLES

Thanks APMuthu for the valuable info....

/Mark