Topic: New bugtracking system, Mantis.

We have established a new bugtracking system, Mantis, at http://mantis.frontaccounting.com. Please use it for reporting bugs to us.

You will have to register first, but we get a much better overview over all the bugs this way.

/Joe

Re: New bugtracking system, Mantis.

Sir

When I tried to visit the mantis page my norton security blocked this page because it is suspicious one in the eye of Norton Internet Security. Please throw some light on it. Will I have to compromise my net/ systme security to visit this page.

regards
sushil dikshit

When reading the forum at Mantis, there was an infected 1.1.1.zip file back in March 2008. I don't know if this could have something to with the blocking. Does anyone know more about this? We are running version 1.1.2.

/Joe

No, mantis 1.1.1 was NOT infected. The warning reported on the mantis forum was false alarm generated by standard pv.exe file under Win apache installation, and have nothing to do with mantis itself.

I personally do not use NIS as well as Win, so cannot help you at this point, although I guess such programs should give some explanation why given site is suspicious.

Janusz

The forum index still refers to the sourceforge tracker.

6 (edited by Attila 05/02/2009 07:02:42 am)

Hi Joe,

Tried to signup 5 x to the mantis server got APPLICATION ERROR #2800
the system complains about entering the verification code twice

Attila

Which message board you mean?
Janusz

tried to report bug in this mantis system
always received following error
=========
APPLICATION ERROR #2800

Invalid form security token. Did you submit the form twice by accident?

Please use the "Back" button in your web browser to return to the previous page. There you can correct whatever problems were identified in this error or select another action. You can also click an option from the menu bar to go directly to a new section.

Can you please update the Category options to:

* Bug 
* Feature Request
* Change request
* Annoyance 

"Technical change" can mean anything and nothing smile

Bug  -  problem, unexpected behaviour, something goes wrong if..., UI problem with a browser Y etc.   

Feature Request - request for new feature, new functionality, new language 

Change request  - change something already available to be more effective, usable (this is NOT a bug)

Annoyance  - way application behaves in situation A is really annoying, odd, absurd tongue  - almost a bug but not really, works but pain to use.

Why not, good idea. The categories are set for 2.4 mantis branch. On 2.3 branch we will make severe bugs maintenance only, as  the code slowly became obsolete.

Janusz