1 (edited by ericgroen 09/08/2015 12:56:18 pm)

Topic: Frontaccounting complies with Swedish bookkeeping law (Bokföringslag)?

Hi Frontaccounting users and developers,

(I could not find a really good forum category for this question, so I rolled the dice and posted it here in 'setup'.)

I'm looking for open source bookkeeping software which complies with the Swedish bookkeeping law (Bokföringslag (1999:1078)).
It is especially chapter 5, paragraph 5, with respect to changes to entries / audit trail:

SWEDISH
Rättelse av bokföringspost
5 § Om en bokföringspost rättas, skall det anges när rättelsen har skett och vem som har gjort den. Sker rättelsen genom en särskild rättelsepost, skall det samtidigt säkerställas att det vid en granskning av den rättade bokföringsposten utan svårighet går att få kännedom om rättelsen.

ENGLISH (translation by google translate, edited by me)
Correction of accounting entry
5 § If a bookkeeping entry is corrected, it shall be stated when notification has been made and who made it. Takes notice through a special corrective bookkeeping entry, it must also be ensured that an examination of the corrected entry in the accounts without difficulty makes it possible to obtain information about the correction.

My questions are:
1. Who of you is using Frontaccounting in Sweden?
2. Is it your experience that Frontaccounting functions according to (this article of) the Swedish bookkeeping law?
3. Do you use Frontaccounting in Sweden and have you had audits by the Swedish tax authority 'Skatteverket'?
4. Does Skatteverket approve the use of Frontaccounting?
5. I noticed that apparently a (former?) senior developer on Frontaccounting by the name of Joe Hunt lives in Sweden according to an old post (https://sourceforge.net/blog/frontaccounting-is-all-over-the-map/).  I'm very eager to get in contact with/hear from Joe Hunt about his experiences with Frontaccounting in Sweden and compliance with Swedish bookkeeping law.

Please let me know by replying here and/or by e-mailing me at ericgroen@administratiestudio.nl. Thanks!

Eric Groen
Administratiestudio.nl

Eric Groen, Administratiestudio.nl

Re: Frontaccounting complies with Swedish bookkeeping law (Bokföringslag)?

Thanks for your points.

FrontAccounting is rather open on this subject. All the corrections can be followed by the audit trail.

If your country doesn't accept this, you can use the access roles to prohibit these changes.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your response, but could you please be somewhat more specific about Frontaccounting being used in Sweden and accepted by Skatteverket? It is really really hard to find info on people actually using FA in Sweden.

It is primarily about the audit trail: one should be able to see postings and changes to them, including who performed the change.

Thanks!

Hello again,

Everything is covered in the audit trail.

On a global base we have about 200.000 downloads. From Sweden about 576, however we dont know how many use it.

Maybe someone in Sweden will respond to this topic. Let us hope so.

Joe

Okay, Thanks Joe!

Okej, Svenskarna - har ni svar på denna fråga för mig? Tak!
Jag skulle verkligen vilja veta dina erfarenheter med Frontaccounting i Sverige.

Med vänliga hälsningar,
Eric Groen