1 (edited by luc vander 09/03/2015 05:07:50 pm)

Topic: FA 2.3.24 importing CSV file of items not working,

Dear forum,

This is my second post on this forum, I am still orientating FA and I am very enthusiastic about it.
The problem with NL language has been solved thanks to this forum (thanks Apmuthu)

So its obvious I am a newbee into FA :-)

Another issue which I encountered is that its seems that its not possible to import items using a .CSV file.

However import_items version 2.3.0-3 is installed with the internal installer confirmed by the "installed extensions list", I can not import (or export) any CSV list of the items at all.

I have read many topics and posts related to CSV file import and I am trying to get this working for 2 days now, but the information in those posts don't work for me unfortunately.

Flow:
-import_items 2.3.0-3 has been installed with the internal installer
-there is NOT an extra bullet in the role maintenance listing which I can check
-Due to no bullet to check under rol maintenance, there is NOT showing a new "CSV export / import button" or anything under    Stock

FA version 2.3.24, latest master, installed SSL secured subdomain
MySQL 5.5.44
PHP 5.3.29
Apache 2.2.29

We got everything working what we need in FA but not the CSV import items.

FA seems very perfect for us, but has to have a item import function for more then 10K of parts.

So who can help us please?

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

Cheers,
Luc

Re: FA 2.3.24 importing CSV file of items not working,

Do not use the import_items extension to start with, as the CSVs do not respect the changes in your FA installs' specific Chart of Accounts especially if they differ in field order from the stock en_US-new.sql CoA. The presence of db schema customizations and/ or changes brought in by installation of extensions (I am assuming your are using the Git Snapshot of the FA 2.3.x stable version) too must be factored in.

My Wiki article on import of items into FA (straddles several tables) has been extended with what to do in case the field order is different from the standard en_US-new.sql CoA - it now appears quite frightening when I look at it though!

If and only if you cannot still get it done, pm the access details and I can get it done. Going forward it will be a hassle to keep bulk updating it if your are then unable to use the import_items extension as is. Work involved would be hex cleanup of the data and sanitising it for CSV / SQL import besides managing it's field and table dependancies and business computation rules.