Topic: Problem with NL language install.

Dear forum,

I do have a problem for what I can't find the answer on forums.
I don't have any experience with FrontAccounting, so I will describe the problem the best I can:

The problem: I have a fresh install of FrontAccounting on my webserver with prefered language NL.
However languages are mixed: Most descriptions are in Dutch language, some in English.
The ledger accounts however all are in English.
Installed language file: nl_NL-2.3.19-3.mo and nl_NL-2.3.19-3.po. In the LC_MESSAGES folder also: nl_NL-2.3.14-1.mo and nl_NL-2.3.14-1.po are present.

Installation went flawless using Installatron, version of FrontAccounting 2.3.24

I have followed the steps advised by 'system check', and all is green and ok.
One special thing however needs attention: the system check said that en_US language file was missing. After checking and uploading the right files, also that problem was solved.
So all items due to the system check are green / ok but still there remains the 'mixed language (NL/UK mixed)' problem.

Please note that we are orientating and find FrontAccounting will be a perfect solution for us and we are eager to use it in the near future.

Are there any tips / methods / recommendations to give?

Thank you so much for your help.

2 (edited by apmuthu 08/31/2015 03:31:46 pm)

Re: Problem with NL language install.

nl_NL-2.3.14-1.mo and nl_NL-2.3.14-1.po can be deleted.

Install the FA v2.3.24+ (snapshot) instead of the release version.

English strings are taken when there are no Dutch translations available for them.
You can however, edit the nl_NL-2.3.19-3.po file replacing the
    msgstr ""
with the appropriate Dutch translations for their English Equivalents in the
    msgid " english phrase "
and then compile them into the nl_NL-2.3.19-3.mo using PoEdit or other editors in Windows or natively in Linux using
    msgfmt -i nl_NL-2.3.19-3.po =o nl_NL-2.3.19-3.mo
The new nl_NL-2.3.19-3.mo should be used to overwrite the old one.

Re: Problem with NL language install.

Thank you very much, you are very helpful

Cheers,
Luc