Topic: Mail reports with user's mail client

Hi team,

I recently installed FA and I am currently in the process of fine tuning it to fit the requirements of my job. Congratulations to the authors and contributors for this nice piece of software!

One thing that has surprised me is that the option to send emails is managed directly by the server, without direct control or notice to the user. I have already read many topics on this forum regarding this way of sending emails. Another point is security, since this behavior needs a smtp relay on the server running FA or inside the organization, which may be absolutely forbidden and even technically impossible in certain organizations such as mine.

My suggestion would be to open the user's default mail client with the report as attachment and the default receipt informed. That would allow the user to add some other receipts like colleagues which should be informed of the mail, and even to add some other notes to the mail body.

That would be my case, since I need to inform other colleagues of the purchase orders we place and also sometimes we need the supplier to send the invoice to a different address that that of the goods delivery and I did not found a place in FA to put that detail.

I would suggest to keep the current option to mail the report from within the server, but I would add a new one to mail the report with the user's default mail client (this may require to temporary save the PDF into the user's device to access to it from the server as a network share).

Kind regards,
Alberto

Re: Mail reports with user's mail client

You can run a mail server on a dummy local domain (windows fake sendmail, etc) and then you can forward it with any addendum to those within your organisation.

Re: Mail reports with user's mail client

Thanks for your suggestion, but that is not possible on my company.
The problem is not having a mail server on a certain domain. The problem is having it on the corporate network.
We have network controls which detect mail servers and block them.
This is quite strict, but it is our reality and probably the reality of other companies...