1 (edited by aquarius 07/29/2015 07:18:36 am)

Topic: Need a second option for Shipping Charged Account

In Setup > System and General GL Setup we have one option for Shipping Charged Account.

Mine is currently set to account 4160 Postage Charge Domestic. That account is used for parcels shipped to local Australian customers and is inclusive GST.

Because I am also filling orders from international customers I have a second account Postage Charge Export (4162). According to Australian tax regulation that charge is GST exempt.

Now, when I create a sales invoice I only have one option where I enter the Shipping Charge. Regardless of destination, be it local or export, the shipping charge is posted to account 4160 which is subject to GST.

Is it possible to create a second option for Shipping Charged Account which can be configured in Setup > System and General GL Setup to post to account 4162 (no GST) and of course a drop down in the sales invoice entry screen??

I am using FrontAccounting 2.3.24

Any help or pointer is appreciated

Thank you

Re: Need a second option for Shipping Charged Account

No, but you can create a service iten, called tax free shipping. Use the new gl account for this one.

Everytime you use tax free shipping only select this service as your last item.

joe wrote:

No, but you can create a service iten, called tax free shipping. Use the new gl account for this one.

Thanks for the quick reply Joe.

I didn't think of that but will set it up and report back.

Frank

aquarius wrote:
joe wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply Joe.

I didn't think of that but will set it up and report back.

Frank

Perfect!! Thanks again.