Topic: How to can I empty pre-data in my tables on installation

Hi, FA is really doing great!

I just want to ask if there's  a way to set my tables empty upon installation.

Cheers!
-emman

Re: How to can I empty pre-data in my tables on installation

FA is complex system using a lot of defaults, so it is difficult i not impossible to start from completely empty database. To be on safe side choose chart of accounts from download page mostly suitable for your needs and try removing all not needed accounts.
Janusz

itronics wrote:

FA is complex system using a lot of defaults, so it is difficult i not impossible to start from completely empty database. To be on safe side choose chart of accounts from download page mostly suitable for your needs and try removing all not needed accounts.
Janusz

Thanks, I just modify it in the database.

It would really be great if there was a choice at install time.

Since the superuser is only part of the First company created, it would be nice if there was a Create Tables option that did not include any demo data.

Or should I say no transactions.

A number of things can not be deleted once there are some transactions, that makes it hard to start a new company.

tom

If you are using en_US, there is a minimalistic chart of accounts in the SQL folder, en_US-new.sql file to use when creating new companies. If you think it would be better with an even more minimalistic one, you are welcome to create one and contribute it to the community.

/Joe

in the en_us_new.sql, the values thoese are inserted default must be inserted?  which are essential?

No, you can replace. It is just that you will need some data here to create new customers/suppliers/items etc..
You can change to whatever suits you.

/Joe

but if i remove the all insert , i can't run frontaccount. is it right?

No, there must be at least one admin user, one company and some other base information. Very much like the en_US-new.sql. Of course some of the info here can be deleted as well.

/Joe