Topic: about database

hi.
why the table 0_tax_group_items in the en_US_new.sql different from in the en_US_demo.sql

/leo

thanks everyone for help.

Re: about database

It is because there is more demo data in the en_US-demo.sql file.

/Joe

my meaning is that the table fields are different.

another question. i have a little ideas about database. the unique key in the table can be tanslated into chinese?

thanks
/leo

Why not? But you should also use the same translated value in other table, if it is used as foreign key.
Janusz

hi Janusz.

i didn't see the foreign key in the sql script. where is it?  in the en_US_new.sql just have the primary key, unique key, key, there are not foreign key constraint.

Regarding the differences between the 'tax_group_items' fields in en_US-demo.sql and en_US-new.sql, you are right. In en_US-demo.sql there is a field called 'included_in_price'. This field is obsolete and will be removed in the next release.

/Joe

itronics wrote:

Why not? But you should also use the same translated value in other table, if it is used as foreign key.
Janusz

thanks Janusz

what about foreign key?

joe wrote:

Regarding the differences between the 'tax_group_items' fields in en_US-demo.sql and en_US-new.sql, you are right. In en_US-demo.sql there is a field called 'included_in_price'. This field is obsolete and will be removed in the next release.

/Joe

thanks Joe

what about foreign key?

Which unique keys do you want to translate?
JAnusz

11 (edited by Leo 04/27/2009 03:23:45 pm)

CREATE TABLE `0_credit_status` (
  `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `reason_description` char(100) NOT NULL default '',
  `dissallow_invoices` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
  `inactive` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`),
  UNIQUE KEY `reason_description` (`reason_description`)
) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=5  AUTO_INCREMENT=5 ;

for example, i want to translate the reason_description in the credit_status table.

and why in this table, there are 2 AUTO_INCREMENT?

thanks a lot

Only primary keys as used as foreign keys, so if you wish you can translate any unique key which is not primary. But translated text have to be unique of course.
The double auto_increment clause is MySQL dump issue, you can delete one of the two if you wish.
Janusz