Topic: Editing a Bank Payment

When I edit a bank payment to change the GL allocation  I find that the line I edit is included twice on the payment input.
Once as the pre-edited GL allocation and then again as the edited allocation.

Example - I changed $1000 posted to legal fees to intangible assets instead
After doing this I had 2 payments on my input screen -
$1000 to legal fees
$1000 to intangible assets

If I want to delete the legal fees line I have to click on the delete button on the intangible assets line.

Re: Editing a Bank Payment

This is done so that partial allocation can be done across both the old and the new accounts I presume..... Dealing with GL Entries manually must be done with utmost care and understanding....you are pretty much on your own here.

no, there's a bug.

let me try be more clear with a different example - I processed a bank payment to the wrong account.  I then went to banking and ledger...Journal Enquiry...clicked on bank payment....found the payment I wanted to edit...clicked on edit and then changed the allocation from "insurance" to "vehicle insurance"....clicked update.

Instead of editing the line that previously posted the payment to the Insurance account, the system added another line that posted the same payment to the vehicle insurance account.

Now I have 2 lines on the input screen instead of 1 - this is a bug.

4 (edited by apmuthu 04/10/2015 06:28:43 am)

A new install of FA 2.3.24+ was done in WinXP SP3 and XAMPP 1.7.3.
A Bank Payment was done to Insurance.
DB Backup Taken.
The said Bank Payment Journal Entry was edited and the expense Account changed to Licences.
DB Backup Taken.
The 2 DB Backups were compared.

Attached is the screenshots and backup files and comparisons done.

The next_reference field in sys_types table gets decremented - is this intended?
The existing entries have their amounts zeroed out.
New entries are created.
The voided entry (#9 here) is recorded in voided table.
A new entry number (#10 here) is given to the edited version of the entry.

All entries balance out perfectly. Where is the bug?

Is it only in the "reporting?

Attempting to use the url with trans_no=9 yields no data now and is as it should be.

Post's attachments

JV_Edit_Changes.zip 399.5 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.