Topic: Cash basis tax report - module

I have installed this module for UK Tax reporting and it seems to be working well - I do have a problem with it catching up with Credit notes from Suppliers.

Before I look further, has any one else found this? And any workarounds or fixes?

Many thanks

Re: Cash basis tax report - module

It's down to the search criterion not pulling the required Credit Note data out.

WHERE bt.type = ".BT_CHEQUE."
            AND bt.person_type_id = ".PT_SUPPLIER."

WHERE bt.type <> ".BT_CREDIT."
            AND bt.person_type_id <> ".PT_CUSTOMER."

WHERE bt.type = ".BT_CHEQUE."
            AND bt.person_type_id = ".PT_CUSTOMER."

WHERE bt.type = ".BT_CREDIT."
            AND bt.person_type_id <> ".PT_SUPPLIER."

These are in the cash basis tax report module and don't work - When the credit note is entered bt.type is set to BT_CREDIT and bt.person_type.id is set to PT_SUPPLIER

Question is (hoping to save time with further working out etc)
Can anyone who knows the inner workings well advise on a search criterion that will pull the Credit Notes out without pulling out other unwanted data? ie - if I just set the criterion to pull the bt.type= BT_CREDIT and bt.person_type.id = PT_SUPPLIER, I assume I will get all the unwanted credit data too!

I entered the credit note via Bank Deposit in banking & GL screen as payment into checking account and it notes the bt.type as BT_CREDIT is that right? it's not a credit control account?

Thanks

Try entering he credit note from the supplier menu.

I've tried that with same result.

5 (edited by dls 04/09/2015 03:51:20 pm)

Surely When a bank deposit is made from the supplier - ie money is placed into the account - it should not be registered in the bank trans table as type credit? I would have thought placed into a cheque account it would be cheque type??

By commenting out the following search like so

WHERE /* bt.type = ".BT_CHEQUE."
            AND */ bt.person_type_id = ".PT_SUPPLIER."

I can get the Credit Note and correct VAT listed. However it does need to be input from the supplier menu.

In this particular case the Credit Note refers to an old payment which had long since been paid. It is also from a previous fiscal year and this is my first year using FA. I therefore have no previous unallocated payments that I can allocate the credit note to. I can't seem to find a way to allocate this credit note to the bank deposit made!!

If I use the bank deposit method the deposit VAT is posted as input tax claimable (as if it were a payment) whereas it should then be payable. However, net amount is posted correctly for returns outward. Is this a Bug??

I am therefore left with the option to fudge a fix with a journal entry using quick entry and attaching some memo

Yes, the Journal Entry is the way to go.... good catch. Data outside of the FA dataset must needs be addressed in this way.