Topic: Bug in inventory

Dear Admin,

I have tested frontaccounting. I think there is a bug in the manufacturing or invetory module. I manufacured the one item with ingredients. After issuing and production it reduces the exact value from invetory in terms of volume i.e. kg, litres etc but it does not reduce its value in currency. After that i sold the item to one customer.

Thus value it reflects the value twice once in invetory or finished goods and in the amount receivable too.

regards
sushil dikshit

Re: Bug in inventory

Thanks sushil,
We will take a closer look into this. We haven't heard of bugs in the manufacturing, but there have been some misunderstanding about the GL bookings. There are only GL bookings of manufacturing when the assembled items are sold to customer or if there are additional costs to the assembling.

/Joe

Dear Joe,

I have tested it in the following manner.

While making entry for work order I opted for advanced manufacturing. After it I issued the necessary items for this work oder and after completing this step I clicked on produce button.

After this entry the result was as follows

1. Inventry report shows that the items issued were deducted from the opening account of the items. Here the report is currect.

2. But in the Balance Sheet the cost of full purchased items are reflected in the stock in hand. I mean it has not deducted the purchase price of the items from the stock in hand. Thus it is reflected twice in the Balance Sheet once in Opening Stock and in finished goods too.

regards
sushil dikshit

Sushil, you must remember to set the Standard Costs for the items. You do that at the bottom right in Items and Inventory. Enter at least the material cost in the first textbox. This way it will create the correct GL transactions.

Regards
Joe

hi joe

i have no ideas about Standard Costs . is it just the price of the item?

Regards
Leo

Hello,
The Standard Costs is the price that you are paying for the item. Every time Purchase Orders are received the Standard Cost is averaged.

/Joe