Topic: Issue with Add and Manage Customers after upgrade to 2.3.23

Hi,

I am quite new to FA, but I have managed to customize my own COA, and have made a couple of journal entries both manually and via direct invoices. The latter of course also required entry of a couple of customers, and here is my big problem now.

"Unfortunately" I upgraded automatically from version 2.3.22 to 2.3.23 via Softaculous (at Arvixe). After the upgrade, the entered customers are no longer visible via Sales -> Add and Manage Customers. The only available item in the combo box "Select a customer" is "New customer". Even newly entered customers are hidden in this combo box, and thereby they are of course impossible to select and edit. The same symptom is present in the Sales -> Direct Invoice, i.e. no customers at all are visible/selectable.

However, all customers (including newly entered) seem to remain present at the MySQL database table "1_debtors_master". So, the "only" problem is that they, for some reason, got hidden in the combo boxes.

So far, this is the only, but annoying and severe problem I have discovered after the upgrade.

Any suggestion about what has gone wrong?

Re: Issue with Add and Manage Customers after upgrade to 2.3.23

Setup => Company Setup  => Search Customer List => Uncheck

Do the same for the Search items List and Search Suppliers List as needed.

Thanks for the tip, it solved the problem!

Now I have discovered another problem, which might have a similar solution?

When I try to define a security role, it appears to no longer be possible to select individual areas in activated sections. As soon as a section is marked as enabled it seems that all the underlying areas become activated behind the scenes, regardless of how those were selected in the editor. I.e. when the intended role later is selected in the editor, all areas show up activated/selected in sections that are enabled.

So did not the editor appeared in the previous version.

The security areas can be expanded to specifically unselect it's child permissions - which browser and version are you using?

I've been taking a series of screenshots that illustrate the problem, and hopefully you'll be able to reach them via this link: http://shares.jansson-fam.se/s#2cf08ad9-face-4cda-8b18-bf3b2baea89f/bo.clouddrive.jansson-fam.se/Access_setup/

In this example, I try to create a new role "Kassör" by first cloning "Inquiries". After cloning everything looks OK, but as soon as I try to make a change all the boxes gets ticked automatically behind the scenes.

In this particular example, I use Firefox 36.0.4, but the result is the same with eg Chrome.

Do the same with normal English Alphabets for the Role name - it is possible that foreign language characters will evaluate to admin role when not found!

Also try after cloning the role, logout, clear cache and then login again and then edit the role and see if the new settings persist. This will help check out session issues.

Moved discussion to new post.