Topic: Print invoice without Browser's PDF

I am using FA and wanna print  SALES INVOICE in my local printer (Directly connect into PC and not in Network) without browser's PDF.

Thanks
Towerfour

Re: Print invoice without Browser's PDF

That's a bit tricky. If the printer is on the network, and the server is on the same network, you could print the file from there. Otherwise it has to go through the client. I have seen browser plugins to achieve this, but have not actually tried any of them.

I've been thinking about the problem in a slightly different context, and my best idea so far is to have the browser automatically save files of a particular type and monitor the destination directory to send print jobs to different printers based on file name.

Configure the printer in FA using Port 515 or 9100 (open on your router) and use CUPS / IPP from your Linux server. Then set it in the Printer profile in FA.

AcroTeX PDF Monitor
watchDirectory
Auto Print PDF
Automating Print from Folder
BatchOutputPDF to Printer - Hot Folders
Aloaha Auto Print Folder
SilentPrint

Thanks APmuthu and TM. 
Forgot to mention that, we are using Windows 7 and 8 OS.  if that is the case, how i do the setup.
Browser : FIREFOX and CHROME

Is your FA running in Win7/8 or only the client browser in it?
If your FA is running in Linux, then CUPS printing is possible. If in Windows, check out Internet Printing Protocol or use one of the windows tools above where moving pdfs to a monitored folder will enable instant printing.

In FireFox, Tools => Options => Applications => Choose the PDF application and set what you want.

Hi Sir, Thanks for your reply. My PC is not connect into network and its a stanalone windows 8 PC and  connecting to TVSE HD 245 GOLD Dotmatrix printer.  I dont want to generate PDF file and I want to print SALES INVOICE directly into my Dotmatrix printer.
Is there any simple solution?

Thanks
(Towerfour)

Aha. I see. You don't want PDFs at all. Well, that's a different matter.

(While you COULD print PDFs on a dot matrix printer, I can certainly see why you don't want to.)

You can modify the script which generates the PDF (as it has all the data you need) to write the data into a text file (or string) instead. Just add spaces to format the output, align columns etc. For any "fancy" features (like bold text) you have to insert control characters, which will depend on your printer.

Once you have the data in a file or string, you can output it to the printer port. From the command line, you can probably still do something like "copy file.txt lpt1:", and that's the device you need to send the string to. I have no idea if PHP can write to a printer port, but you could certainly write it to a file and exec() a copy command.

Can print the on screen view of the Invoice as it is text in proper format.

Win7 still comes with a driver for EpsonLQ-compatible dot-matrix machines, and the latter can achieve 360 dpi when all the pins are working. Changing the printer settings to higher CPI helps the print quality be better. This link may be useful.

hi!
I also deal with printing of the Sales invoice  for my accounting firm.
You can use FolderMill for automating the printing of sales invoice and thus saving the time. You can get it from http://www.foldermill.com
Thanks

There are some Win 8.1 compatibility issues with Dot Matrix Printer (DMP) drivers:
Oki / Epson. Location of Update.

Using the Generic Text Only Printer Driver to generate the documents before printing to DMPs may be an option.

Check this link as well.

Is it not also possible for airprint?