Topic: can't use some sub systems in virtual environment as before

Dearest Administrators and developers
Hello

As for localization and customization we use XAMP / WAMP to have test before putting in live environment.

Recently we got a problem, we can’t have access below “sub systems” in “setup” section. The only way we have to put under domain & host to have access on it.
Install/Update Languages
Install/Activate Extensions
Install/Activate Themes
Install/Activate Chart of Accounts

For 2 years we couldn’t upload “PO” & “MO” files to our Linux servers and the only remaining way for us to install XAMP or WAMP on windows OS and install localized language there and then pick up the compiled “php” translation file from XAMP to our Linux servers.
Now, by blocking our access to mentioned setup options our operation limited.
Please give us your best direction to solve this issue or suggest a solution to at least compile “PO” & “MO” files for generating a “php” file.

Thanks to all FA contributors smile
Asghar

2 (edited by apmuthu 01/10/2015 12:55:45 pm)

Re: can't use some sub systems in virtual environment as before

FrontAccounting is not blocking your access to PO / MO files. All such files have been openly available in my GitHub Repo as well as within the FA User Interface for the default company.

Please clarify as to what your actual live setup is and whether you are accessing it from the default company. Also what is your Linux blockages. Use PoEdit for making po/mo.

You cannot access the install/create sub menus in setup if you are not logged into the default company.

What virtual environment are you referring to?

Dear apmuthu

Thanks for your prompt reply and introducing FA rep at GitHub

When log into FA within XAMP virtual server can't access mentioned sub systems. For the sake of assurance I installed brand new windows and also put raw FA in WAMP and EasyPHP too but didn't work.

Maybe my question is a dump one but can you let me know how could I download source from GitHub? I Googled and find there is a ZIP bottom below right window but didn't find it.

Asghar

The official snapshot from GitHub.

What country and what language are you after?

When you create a new FA install, you will have Company 0 which is the default. Create a new company within it and then you will have Company 1 which should be your actual company.

Log in to Company 0 and then in Setup page add what ever language/exten/theme/CoA you need and the activate it for the appropriate companies (Company 1 here).

Now login to Company 1 and you can choose what language you need from those activated for it.

Let me make my issue simpler

I have installed FA in a brand new windows 7 with XAMP Server. Whenever I go through one of bellow sub systems in FA, I come across with blank page.
Install/Update Languages
Install/Activate Extensions
Install/Activate Themes
Install/Activate Chart of Accounts

So, consider any of PO files in repository, I pick up one to install in FA manually. As far as I encounter with a blank page how can I go for installation?

For you information I installed another windows in new PC with WAMP Server (instead of XAMP) and again this problem happened. This issue occurred recently, because previously never saw such an issues.

Asghar

Try removing your .htaccess file and install what you want and then revert it back.

it didn't work! sad

Asghar

reminding that all "sub systems" except those mentioned above working well. Even for the sake of assurance I checked out with raw FA 22 and dedicated PC installed new windows with XAMP.

so wired, isn't it!

Asghar

Use FA v2.3.22+ Take latest snapshot from official Git Mirror.

still not working sad

Asghar

11 (edited by apmuthu 01/14/2015 09:46:51 am)

Check if you have a file called tmp/faillog.php under the FA webroot available in your install or create one with the following content:

<?php
/*
Login attempts info.
*/
$login_faillog = array (
  0 => 
  array (
    '127.0.0.1' => 0,
    'last' => '',
  ),
);

Give it write permissions for the webserver process.

Also create an empty file tmp/errors.log under the FA webroot with same permissions as above.

@joe: please see if you can include this in the repo as it will otherwise cause the forums to be flooded with such requests.

Here is what my tmp directory is look like:

errors.log

[15-Jan-2015 19:49:01 UTC] 0:admin:remote_url.inc:48: fsockopen(): unable to connect to repo.frontaccounting.eu:80 (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
)
[15-Jan-2015 19:49:39 UTC] 0:admin:remote_url.inc:48: fsockopen(): unable to connect to repo.frontaccounting.eu:80 (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

)

[15-Jan-2015 19:50:16 UTC] 0:admin:remote_url.inc:48: fsockopen(): unable to connect to repo.frontaccounting.eu:80 (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

)

[15-Jan-2015 19:51:19 UTC] 0:admin:remote_url.inc:48: fsockopen(): unable to connect to repo.frontaccounting.eu:80 (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

)

[15-Jan-2015 19:52:51 UTC] 0:admin:remote_url.inc:48: fsockopen(): unable to connect to repo.frontaccounting.eu:80 (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

)

[15-Jan-2015 19:55:31 UTC] 0:admin:remote_url.inc:48: fsockopen(): unable to connect to repo.frontaccounting.eu:80 (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

)

faillog.php

<?php
/*
Login attempts info.
*/
$login_faillog = array (
  0 =>
  array (
    '127.0.0.1' => 0,
    'last' => '',
  ),
  1 =>
  array (
    '::1' => 0,
    'last' => '',
  ),
);

index.php

<?php
header("Location: ../index.php");
?>

Asghar

even i disconnect from internet to work offline in XAMP server but didn't get any feedback

Asghar

dear apmuthu with your kind helps I learned a lot, thanks a ton. Most questions handled via accessing main source of FA in GitHub.

since I can't access "Install/Update Languages" sub system, I can't compile those "po & mo" files to get php file. if I find a way to compile those files to get a php file most problems will solved currently.

Asghar

15 (edited by apmuthu 01/16/2015 08:28:20 am)

All PO / MO files are in the GitHub repo - use PO Edit to make the po files and use msgfmt and msgunfmt to make the mo and po files respectively.

The following posts may be informative:
https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=5456
https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=5242

It is possible that your IP has been blocked by the firewall at the repo.frontaccounting.eu end or your ISP's DNS does not resolve the said url properly.

Try to directly access the url:

http://anonymous:password@repo.frontaccounting.eu/2.3/Release.gz

If it is your DNS problem, then put in the following into your /etc/hosts file:

91.227.122.4  repo.frontaccounting.eu

The file in windows is generally at C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.

In the worst, instance, download the whole repo in one go from the github repo and create your unsigned repo and use it as it is.

Thanks again, I think our ISP - IP's band via FA repository server.
If I pick up whole repository source and put it in my own server, which part of source code must be changed in FA source? since I am not good in programming please let me know in detail. I found repository address in "Version.php" file.

BTW, suppose our server is not connected to Internet at all, if anyone wanted to install a module or language manually wont be able to do that. ;|

Asghar

17 (edited by apmuthu 01/18/2015 05:23:50 am)

Look at the version.php file - the official repo is listed there. You can override it with your own values for the same variables in config.php. Search the forum for how to run your own pkg repo. @garrapato led such a discussion once.

apmuthu, thanks for your patience and precise answers

Asghar